49 - Chapter Forty - Nine - Sasha Dean's Point Of View.

I sat in the dark still, as the clock rolled to six am. I stretched out my legs, before standing up. After sitting in the same spot composing myself for the day's event, I needed to get dressed. I had an entire gear set, much like what armoured cops wore, but lighter and easier to run in. Lev didn't nearly have as much protection as I had, but was confident he was going to be just fine. My years in the field told me this was a mistake on his part, but I couldn't force him to wear anything he didn't want to. Hell, it was a fight just to get him to agree with wearing a vest.

I was super thankful that I had swung by my own apartment last night to grab some of my own gear. I had picked up a good pair of boots from my time in the field and they were well looked after, same with the vest I had in my closet. Which held a velcro patch with my last name on it. It was black on black and used for covert missions. No doubt these were thing's that I should have had to return, but hadn't. No one ever came to get the things from me either.

Drop time was nine a.m. That's when Lev and I were going to stake out the buildings by the dock. The guns we were going to use were unregistered ghost guns, besides, the one which I was going to use for the kill shot. That was registered to the LHPD. I wasn't even supposed to have it. It was rare for the Chief to give me a weapon, but he did. Even though I wasn't field cleared for firefights, the Chief still made me practise the training and boot camps.

The only thing I had left to put on was my vest. There was no point hiding it as soon as we made contact he was going to know we were vested, anyway.

After tucking everything into my pockets, I dropped into a crouch making sure that nothing was going to pull later on. I was trying to keep quiet because I didn't want to wake up Creed and Alexi. They had been up pretty late with me last night making sure we went over everything. Carefully, I got up and made my way out of the spare room and into the kitchen.

A large gun case lay on the table locked tightly. Creed was leaned against the counter with a coffee in his hand.

"I wondered when you were going to come out, I'm positive we have been up the same amount of time." Creed laughed, drinking his coffee.

"I've been awake since three. I couldn't sleep."

"I think, I might have got an hour or more, I watched Alexi sleep most of the time. He went to make sure Lev had everything he needed before we get you guys set to go. Andrei made sure that his SUV is good for driving out to the abandoned buildings."

"Sounds good, thank you."

The air was tense as Creed unlocked the gun case after setting his coffee on the table.

"I'm sure you should be familiar with this style of weapon. I know your Chief is also giving you a standard-issue handgun, which you should be more than comfortable with."

"Has this gun been test-fired and checked for jamming issues?" I asked after looking at the weapon. This gun style and I didn't have the best track record. It was part of the reason I had to fire into a crowded space.

"Yes, Alexi and I each took turns firing plenty of clips before selecting it based on the best firing experience."

"Thanks, Creed, I appreciate that man."

"Hey, no problem, After this we can grab some excellent beer and maybe have a barbeque."

"Good deal. A nice cold beer is on my fuck it list when I get back." I groaned, just thinking about the weight of that gun on my back again. It had been a bit, but you never forgot the weight of the hunt. It helped balance out the thrill of the hunt.

"Any special quirks on this weapon?"

"Nope, should be pretty standard and well tested. We can go and test fire it off that would make you feel comfortable."