24.

Vote + Comment 🤍

Omniscient

6 years ago...

"You have a visitor Mrs Brewster," A nurse said knocking on Naala's door. Naala looked up from a feeding Malia and nodded tiredly.

When she set her eyes on Dave, she turned away - wanting to evaporate.

"Baby," Dave said lowly. "Naala I'm sorry," He apologised moving closer to her hospital bed. She had just given birth to Malia the day before, and this was the first time Dave was coming back to the hospital.

"Where were you?" Naala questioned holding Malia's small hand.

"I went home, I needed to clear my head," Dave answered taking a seat beside her bedside.

"You needed to clear your head?" Naala chuckled to herself. "Amir I don't want you anywhere near me right now,"

"I'm trying to apologise," Dave defended.

"For what? For fucking someone else or for almost missing the birth of your daughter?" Naala spat. Malia stirred causing Naala to shush her.

"You've not even held her," Naala said looking at him. "Do you even know her name?"

"Don't do that," Dave said angrily. "I wanted to be here but -"

"But what Amir?" Naala sighed cutting him off. "I'm tired of the excuses. I'm tired of it," Naala lifted Malia up to wind her and yawned.

"Let me get her, why don't you rest?" Dave said standing up.

"Mmm," Naala hummed handing Malia to him carefully. She scrunched her face up in discomfort and started to get fussing due to being removed from her mother's arms.

"Hey mama," Dave whispered to her, holding her close. His heart warmed at the way she curled up to his chest. "She's got your eyes," He said to Naala, staring into Malia's.

"Does she?" Naala said with a bored expression. Naala was exhausted, her breasts were sore, her back hurt and every time she moved, her vagina stung.

"Yeah," Dave mumbled staring down at her. "You're so pretty like your mama," He said making Naala roll her eyes.

Instead of laying there and listen to his rubbish, Naala sat up and swung her legs out of the bed.

"Ooo," She groaned standing up to her feet holding onto the bed. "No one ever tells you how bad it is after birth," Naala said mostly to herself.

"When did they say you could come home?" Dave asked her using one hand to guide her to the bathroom.

"She still has a few tests," Naala answered through gritted teeth. The throbbing pain she was experiencing was almost crippling.

Dave let her do her business and then helped her back to bed. "You want me out of the house?"

"Do you think you deserve to be in our home?" Naala muttered softly. "You don't respect me, neither do you respect our house. So yes, I want you out the house,"

Dave shook his head, she was doing all this now but all it took was for him to blow a bag on her and she would forget all about his cheating.

His phone started ringing on the side and Naala looked over, seeing the call id.

"Pass me my daughter," Naala demanded sitting up in the bed. "I can't do this with you anymore Amir I really can't," she added. Naala didn't want to cry in front of him, she wasn't going to.