«two_birdie potter»

CHAPTER-2birdie's point of view

CHAPTER-2
birdie's point of view

BIRDIE POTTER sat in the office, frown on her face, eyebrows furrowed, she looked tired as she stared at the woman in front of her, her lips sealed shut

BIRDIE POTTER sat in the office, frown on her face, eyebrows furrowed, she looked tired as she stared at the woman in front of her, her lips sealed shut. Awkward silence wasn't all that was present in the room, there was also tension that you could cut with a plastic fork. Birdie turned away, Ryan sighed, the fidget toy in her hand made a noise, it sounded like a fart.

A few moments go by.

Birdie eventually starts laughing at the sound, and Ryan joins in, she may or may not have made that noise on purpose just to get Birdie to talk, it wasn't words that worked on her — it was a prank, in most cases, or something completely obscure and childish, that was how Ryan got Birdie Potter to talk.

"When was the last time you laughed like that?" Ryan asked the brunette, Birdie's laughter died down and a glare made its way on her face instead, Ryan raised her eyebrows, Birdie sighed in defeat.

"Yesterday, actually" Birdie told her as she rubbed her hands on her jeans, "My best friend and my boyfriend came to visit me at the bakery, it's fun, they're both funny, unfortunately though, they clash a lot, reminds me a bit of a siblings' relation—"

"Let me rephrase my question," Ryan said, she leaned forward as she stared into Birdie's eyes, Birdie didn't maintain eye contact, and who could blame her? Its probably awkward, "When was the last time you laughed alone like that, without anyone cracking a joke or your boyfriend and best friend?"

"I don't know" Birdie threw her hands back, "I don't laugh alone, doc, that's just weird — I'm not even funny."

"You laughed right now, and I didn't crack a joke" said Ryan, "And I don't think you consider me something even close to a friend"

"Yeah, 'cause your toy made a fart noise" Birdie said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, "Honestly, where are we getting with this? Are we sure this is the best use of our time? You know what we should be doing instead—"