«three_lorelei black»

CHAPTER-3lorelei's point of view

CHAPTER-3
lorelei's point of view

LORELEI BLACK was at the Ministry, in her aunt's office, when the patronus had delivered the news, a little sliver of fear struck her before she shook it off, she didn't have time to be scared, the patronus meant that the Ministry had to be protec...

LORELEI BLACK was at the Ministry, in her aunt's office, when the patronus had delivered the news, a little sliver of fear struck her before she shook it off, she didn't have time to be scared, the patronus meant that the Ministry had to be protected, she knew Voldemort wouldn't try anything here himself, but his followers might. They wouldn't show it but there had been a lot of mysterious deaths all around, and Lorelei wasn't willing to take a chance.

Just as the people had started shielding the offices a brunette with dishevelled hair rushed in from the elevator, a toddler in her arms, she looked around the department scanning for the familiar face she was looking for, and when they finally looked at each other again after what seemed like decades, both of them felt their hearts break, but none of them decided to speak up.

Birdie made her way towards someone she called a sister a few months ago, "Hey." was all she said at first when Lorelei couldn't even get any words out she decided to speak up again, "This is Thomas," she said as she nodded to the kid in her arms.

"Hey, Thomas." Lorelei said, she was a bit confused as to why a toddler was in the ministry especially with Birdie Potter, "What are you doing here?" she asked both of them.

"Thomas, look, there's a snowglobe there, you love them, don't you?" Birdie distracted Thomas with the snowglobe and he made his way over to it shaking it joyously, "I have a very big suspicion that his mother is in danger, she's a very careful woman and she lets no one in her house ever, and Thomas told me there was a man in the house-"

"It's perfectly normal for someone to have a man in the house—"

"Lorelei, come on, I have a gut feeling about this." Birdie said with a firm tone and Lorelei nodded, "I should get going..."

"No, stay!" Lorelei said before she could stop herself, she then scoured her mind for an excuse, "Um, you know, the patronus and everything...you shouldn't be out alone, the ministry is the safest place right now, and uh, Thomas will need some...support...if something is wrong."