«nine_birdie potter»

CHAPTER-9birdie's point of view

CHAPTER-9
birdie's point of view.

BIRDIE SAT with her head in her hands and her heart at the bottom of her stomach, tears falling freely down her cheeks as she thinks of how badly she and her friend screwed up, Sirene was right — how the hell would they care for a child? I mean, h...

BIRDIE SAT with her head in her hands and her heart at the bottom of her stomach, tears falling freely down her cheeks as she thinks of how badly she and her friend screwed up, Sirene was right — how the hell would they care for a child? I mean, here Birdie was bawling her eyes out as Tommy plays in the other room, and Lorelei...she'd just lost her mother and hadn't even processed her grief yet, Birdie had realized just how big of a mistake she'd made, of course, Lorelei agreed to it, she didn't want Thomas to feel like she did almost all her life and just when she got her mother back, she was taken from her grasps yet again.

"Are you ok?" Thomas came into view and Birdie immediately wiped her tears away, plastering a fake smile on her face, "You don't have to pretend, I could see you crying..."

"No, no, it's fine," Birdie didn't even feel herself lie at the time, desperate for a few moments of happiness with Tommy, "Do you think we could go out for ice cream, what do you say?"

"At seven in the evening?" Thomas said with his eyes squinted, "You know my throat can't handle something cold at night."

"What about pizza then?" Birdie said, knowing the kid's love for pizza was bigger than the moon, "There's this really nice new place down there, we could go there?"

"Don't you cook really well?"

"Yeah, I'd like to think so," Birdie shrugged, "Why do you ask, Sir Thomas?"

"We could cook the pizza ourself!" Thomas said with an excited grin at Birdie, and she swears, she's never had to hold her tears back like this — Merlin, she had messed up so bad, and the worst part is now Thomas is gonna get hurt the most out of the three of them, just a five year old child who'd been through too much already, and here Birdie was — damaging him even more.

"That's what you wanna do?" Birdie said, internally shaking the feelings out for one last fun night with the kid. Thomas nodded excitedly and Birdie smiled at him with all the energy she could muster, "Then that's what we're going to do, just let me phone Lorelei, yeah? We can have a fun little night together, just the three of us."