«twelve_lorelei black»

CHAPTER-12lorelei's point of view

CHAPTER-12
lorelei's point of view.

LORELEI BLACK was scared shitless, her aunt stood in front of her - arms crossed, brows furrowed, eyes quiet with anger as she stared at the girl in the hospital bed, it has been a few hours since  the girl had woken up, her throat was dry and she...

LORELEI BLACK was scared shitless, her aunt stood in front of her - arms crossed, brows furrowed, eyes quiet with anger as she stared at the girl in the hospital bed, it has been a few hours since the girl had woken up, her throat was dry and she was really hungry, like she could eat a thousand burgers kind of hungry, which was weird because she doesn't think that people who wake up from a comatose state want to do that often, but not the first time she's been different in a weird manner. Sirene Black sighed, setting down another bouquet of flowers and walking out of the door, she didn't even say anything.

Lorelei and Birdie winced together, both of them realizing that meant that their Aunt Sirene was extremely angry, and not only that but disappointed too - that part was never good, you see, Sirene's usually a proud parent about everything, Lorelei's first match that she'd won - Sirene had gotten her a new broom and taken her out to eat with special permission from the headmaster. Birdie coming in with the highest marks in charms? Sirene was there with all the support and encouragement in the world. So, yeah, she may as well have stabbed both of them in the heart instead of walking out wordlessly.

"Yikers..." said Birdie, her own frown there in its place as she looked at Lorelei who sighed, "It'll be fine, it's just going to take some time, we have been messing up pretty bad recently, she deserves to be a little mad."

"I know, I just-" Lorelei was about to say something when her uncle walked in, a bag of food in his hand, he smiled brightly at her, giving her a tight squeeze, "Hey, Uncle Andrew, please tell me that bag of food is for me and me only..."

"Yup, it sure is," Andrew handed her the bag, she immediately opened it up to see chicken caesar salad, Lorelei scrunched her nose - she didn't quite like salads, like she would eat them, sure, but she wouldn't willingly eat salads, "Oh, that's for Birdie, yours is the burger, I had to sneak it in but - the nurses didn't find anything wrong with you, so I don't think they'll mind."

"We'll be fine," Birdie said grabbing the salad from Lorelei's hand, "As long as they don't find out."

"So, how's my favorite Black family niece doing?" Andrew pulled up a chair, grabbing his own bowl of pasta that he'd brought, "You know, your aunt looked furious getting out of this room..."