«eight_lorelei black»

CHAPTER-8lorelei's point of view

CHAPTER-8
lorelei's point of view.

LORELEI BLACK had a terrible day at the ministry today there were some cases of newly admitted Deatheaters, Lorelei had actually found a couple of kids from her school, and for a second she'd frozen, just staring at them through the bars — I mean,...

LORELEI BLACK had a terrible day at the ministry today there were some cases of newly admitted Deatheaters, Lorelei had actually found a couple of kids from her school, and for a second she'd frozen, just staring at them through the bars — I mean, just a summer ago they were out there playing Quidditch with her, she'd partnered with some of them during potions, astronomy, DADA, charms...and now here she was, standing in front of them, investigating them, the fate of their lives on her tired shoulders.

At some point Lorelei wanted to walk out, when the same people she'd laughed with as kids looked at her with disgust, as if she was in the wrong, as if she was the one betraying human kind as a whole. As if she was the one who walked around supporting the crazy blood supremacist. So, yeah, Lorelei had been pretty happy when her day finally ended — no, happy isn't quite the right word, perhaps she could say relieved, but that wouldn't be true either, so let's just say she had waited the whole day for the wait to be over so she could just sit on her couch and eat.

"You're kidding me?" Regulus asked his niece, a small smile playing on his lips as he took a bite of their usual Friday night pizza — the two of them are not close, Lorelei was still kind of mad that he infiltrated her brain and Regulus was mad that even after all his warnings Lorelei Black chose to fight in the war, he'd watched over her, of course he had — he'd watched over everyone, the two offsprings of his siblings reminded him of his own self a little, but Lorelei, perhaps she reminded him of himself too much. Not Regan, though, she was headstrong, she had her mother's heart, if she was set on something the whole world could turn upside down, but she wouldn't change her motive, he'd fallen victim to what she's been going through, but he hadn't exactly handled it as well as she had — perhaps that was because she had Sirene Black as her mother.

Regulus had been so eager to help — wanting to prove himself to his brother after he'd gotten word about the dark lord's soul being divided.

Regulus wanted the chance, he wanted to prove that even though he wasn't as brave as his brother or his sister, he was sly, he was smart and it would be enough, so he'd let his parents get him the mark. A deal with the devil. Then...then it dawned on him suddenly, and all at once, there was no coming back from this, if he screwed this up — he would be a villain to both sides. There was no way Regulus Black could get out of this unharmed.