«eight_birdie potter»

CHAPTER-8birdie's point of view

CHAPTER-8
birdie's point of view.

BIRDIE POTTER had ended up sobbing into her aunt's lap one day when she had gotten way too stressed about Tommy, Sirene Black had opened the door of the Marauders Mansion with a wary look on her face which melted into a smile as soon as she saw he...

BIRDIE POTTER had ended up sobbing into her aunt's lap one day when she had gotten way too stressed about Tommy, Sirene Black had opened the door of the Marauders Mansion with a wary look on her face which melted into a smile as soon as she saw her niece there with a kid holding her hand, a kid that was supposed to be in ministry's care...

"Mum, have you seen my socks?!" Regan's voice came from the other side as she got up to the door, flinching back when she saw the kid, she pointed at him, "What's a child doing here?"

"It's rude to point," Tommy pointed out.

"Aren't you, like, two?" Regan questioned.

"Good thing you're pretty because your personality's kinda awful," Tommy said and Regan chuckled.

"I like you, come, I'll give you a toy."

This whole time Sirene's just been watching Birdie with her mouth hung open, Birdie offers her a weak 'ta-daa', Sirene says nothing as she opens the door wider, inviting the brunette in, and Birdie walks in. Both of them are silent for a while.

"You want to explain?" Sirene hadn't asked, she'd basically told Birdie to explain, with her arms crossed and the signature 'Yeah, I'll kick your ass' look on her face that she usually saved for the people she does kick the ass of.

So, Birdie does explain, she explains about how Lorelei and Birdie were planning to hold their end of the bargain — which was to only keep Tom for a few days as some sort of transition period, but then both of them had grown extremely attached to the kid, and Birdie felt like a horrible person for wanting the kid out of her life, but she felt so unprepared and so terrible about not having her life straight, however, she didn't want Thomas to end up in the system, either. What the hell was she even supposed to do?

Her Aunt Sirene couldn't really do much, I mean, you don't see your kind-of-niece come to your home with a child she's been raising in secret everyday, even she seemed to be confused as to how to go about this, but being Sirene Black, she figured it out like she always does, "Honey, look— look at me," Sirene pulled Birdie from her lap and Birdie stared at her through her big hazel eyes and Sirene was reminded of just how much she looked like James, "I'm going to give you some really tough love here, ok? This isn't on you, none of this is on you, Tommy's mother didn't die because of you and you don't have to care for him, I know you don't have much faith in the system, but I promise you, I'll find him a family, I'll find a family who will love him more than you and Lorelei."