«ten_birdie potter»

CHAPTER-10birdie's point of view

CHAPTER-10
birdie's point of view.

BIRDIE POTTER stared at Lorelei Black, she knew the girl for enough time to know that El had a secret, of course she did, was there a single person in the Black family without one? But Potters weren't built that way, her father and Birdie were big...

BIRDIE POTTER stared at Lorelei Black, she knew the girl for enough time to know that El had a secret, of course she did, was there a single person in the Black family without one? But Potters weren't built that way, her father and Birdie were big believers of putting everything on the table, but only with people you trust, yeah, her dad's been pretty skeptical ever since the whole 'my-best-friend-who-was-a-rat-turned-out-to-be-a-literal-rat' situation, but James would still trust six people with his entire life, Sirene, Sirius, Andrew, Remus, Harry and Birdie, oh, poor Robin Potter, the girl buried with responsibility, responsibilities that she thought she would have to take up because who else would do it?

It was Birdie Potter who made sure her parents were never found. It was Birdie Potter who made sure her parents always had a reason to smile. It was Birdie Potter who made sure her parents knew that no matter how badly they think they messed up, they would never ever lose her, nor could she ever hate them. It was Birdie Potter who made sure her best friend didn't spend her birthday at the owlery. It was Birdie Potter who made sure that her brother was ok. It was Birdie Potter who put everyone before her and she would gladly do it again, the people she loved deserved that. It was Birdie Potter who would die at the hands of the war if it meant saving the people she loved.

Everyone was passed around a parchment, Lorelei barely skimmed through hers before she looked around at everyone else.

Birdie gulped, five horcruxes, right in front of their eyes — all they had to do was find them, right? They had won wars before, but this one...it seemed to set in heavy in the air, like everyone knew this would end up with loss, lives would be lost, everyone knew it. Birdie could feel it, she looked around and everyone had a grim expression on their faces.

"So," Birdie spoke up, perhaps for the first time in an Order meeting without being talked to first, "When we do this...when we destroy the horcruxes...it will all be over for us?"

"I believe so, Miss Potter." Dumbledore said, his voice had never been so sure as he looked around at the people who joined together at the table — all with a purpose. The Greater Good, as someone he knew might've said to him once.