«nine_lorelei black»

CHAPTER-9lorelei's point of view

CHAPTER-9
lorelei's point of view.

LORELEI HAD to brace herself, holding the cupboard as she watched the kid turn away with a frown, refusing to acknowledge them, to even give them a hug — and the worst part is, Lorelei got it

LORELEI HAD to brace herself, holding the cupboard as she watched the kid turn away with a frown, refusing to acknowledge them, to even give them a hug — and the worst part is, Lorelei got it. She got what it felt like to be left, especially by the people who promise to never leave you alone. That's the worst kind of goodbye. Lorelei should've known this decision would come to bite her in the arse, she should've known it from the start — this was a terrible decision, Lorelei and Birdie were unbelievably unfit to even be considered in the same category as mothers. Lorelei wishes some day she could meet Thomas again, with a family who loves him more than Birdie and Lorelei ever did.

Birdie couldn't even bring herself to look in the mirror, after what happened with Thomas, with her Aunt Si. Merlin, how the fuck did they even get here?

Lorelei sat down next to Birdie, wordlessly wrapping the Potter girl into a hug who didn't fight it. Fred Weasley stood in the corner, unsure of what to do, all he knew was that Robin was in pain and he needed to be here. Sometimes, Lorelei does think of how much Regulus had warned her — don't get into this mess, El, please, keep yourself safe, or you'll get killed.

How could she, though? She'd hurt Thomas and hadn't even realized she was doing it, she owed it Thomas, she owed it to her mother, she owed it to everyone she lost, to everyone she loved who lost someone. She owed it to them. She...she owed it to Cedric.

"Hey, come on," Lorelei rubbed the brunette's arm up and down, "Come on, love, we gotta get up — the day's not going to wait for us." she said.

"I can send a patronus to the order, she can stay in," Fred said from the other side, taking a seat beside his girlfriend, grabbing her hand from her lap and giving it a tight squeeze, "It won't do her any good to go to the meeting today anyway..."

"I don't think she should miss today's meeting..." Lorelei said, she knew what the meeting was going to be about — a few weeks ago with enough convincing, Lorelei has told Dumbledore everything about horcruxes only to find out he knew all along, he had been trying to do it all alone and Lorelei thought that was the wackiest idea ever, he's like a hundred and forty — what was he even going to do? Waddle his way to find the horcruxes like—