«seven_lorelei black»

CHAPTER-7lorelei's point of view

CHAPTER-7
lorelei's point of view.

LORELEI BLACK sat on the balcony of George and Fred's apartment, she'd asked George to meet her up here since she didn't want to do the whole thing in front of everyone downstairs, it was filled with happy and satisfied people, and Lorelei — yeah,...

LORELEI BLACK sat on the balcony of George and Fred's apartment, she'd asked George to meet her up here since she didn't want to do the whole thing in front of everyone downstairs, it was filled with happy and satisfied people, and Lorelei — yeah, she was none of that right now, and Lorelei did not want a bunch of kids to watch her ugly cry over George Weasley, which she was sure she would do at some point, but she was a very well feared auror now, she didn't want to risk her reputation. Merlin, maybe this was her problem — always too scared to admit things. I mean, she's not going to lie — Lorelei didn't love George at the time, it was a hard year for her — she'd watch her parents give each other the stink eye, she was grieving over Cedric's death, and this time — she's grieving her mother, and she doesn't want to hurt George again.

Sweet, kind, comforting and mischievous George Weasley who wormed his way into her heart when it was in pieces, put it back together and made it secure. George Weasley, her George, who she's gonna hurt even more if she decided to be with him. Fred was right, she had been selfish — George had cared for her, he had loved her and she'd pushed him away. Maybe this was what she deserved — to sit alone in the silence all her life.

"Deep in thought, are we?" a voice said from behind her, Lorelei turned around and saw George there with a soft smile on his face, "I recognize that thinking face all too well."

"You seem to recognize a lot," Lorelei said with a chuckle, scooting over so George could sit beside her — it was a relatively small space, so they were pressed against each other, but Lorelei didn't mind since it would probably be the last conversation she ever holds with him, "Listen, George—"

"Listen, Lorelei—"

Both of them said together, chuckling afterwards, she had to admit, she'd missed seeing his silly little grin all this time, and George — oh, how he'd missed that little glint in her eyes.

"You go first," said George.

Lorelei's eyes immediately went down with embarrassment, so much time has passed since she'd talked to him and now that she is — she'll only hurt him more.