«four_lorelei black»

CHAPTER-4lorelei's point of view

CHAPTER-4
lorelei's point of view.

LORELEI BLACK set the rose down on the gravestone, wiping her eyes as she stuffed her hands into her pockets and took a look at the grave once again, "Your mom is here?" asked a voice from behind Lorelei, she turned around and saw the little boy c...

LORELEI BLACK set the rose down on the gravestone, wiping her eyes as she stuffed her hands into her pockets and took a look at the grave once again, "Your mom is here?" asked a voice from behind Lorelei, she turned around and saw the little boy clutching to her jacket, she then nodded to him, he slipped his tiny hand into hers and gave it a squeeze, "Do you come here often?"

"Yeah," Lorelei told him, "Here, come sit with me." she said patting the space next to her on the group and Thomas took out his handkerchief and laid it out on the group before he sat down, that made Lorelei chuckle, what a strange little kid he is, "My mother and I, we didn't always get along, you know."

"You didn't?" asked Thomas.

"Nope, in fact the first time I met her, I ran away from her and didn't respond to anything she said for at least a full week, maybe more." Lorelei told him with a small chuckle at the memory, if she could go back now she would run to her mother, hug her, hold her, talk to her, tell her she loves her as much as she could. She would do anything for that extra one week, "And yet I never feel like when she's looking down at me she's mad, that's the way moms are — they will scream, they will make some remarks but at the end of the day, they truly love you, and nothing can change that — not even a minor incident such as walking out without saying 'I love you too'"

"What was the last thing you said to her?" asked Thomas and Lorelei looked at him — her eyes a bit blurry, Thomas tugged at the grass that both of them were sitting on as he looked at her expectantly, waiting for her answer.

"Well, to be honest, I don't remember..." Lorelei said to him, "Before my mom had died, I had said some pretty nasty stuff to her."

"Why did you say those things to her?"

"Well, Thomas, sometimes when you're angry you don't have as much control over your words as you usually do, somethings come out involuntarily and those words...they can't be taken back." Lorelei said picking at the grass herself, "The least you can do if that ever happens is apologize...but, here's the thing even after you apologize — things are never the same, that's why it's better to talk your feelings out than it is to store them into a little box until the box bursts open..." Lorelei said looking at him.