At Last: Drink

Ink's brush laid limp on the ground. Ink fell to his knees, a red slash mark making its way across his chest. The Star Sanses once again found themselves fighting Bad Sanses. Yet this time, Error finally laid a critical hit on Ink.

"INK!!!" Dream and Blue yelled in unison.

Blue quickly ran to his side as Dream kept on trying to defend them. Dream backed away towards Ink. He knelt by his side and formed a force field around them. A tear slipped down his face as Ink slowly started to dust. Dream's head lowered to Ink's chest, knowing there was nothing he could do to save his boyfriend. Suddenly, he thought of something.

"Blue, stay here with Ink." Dream said.

"What are you going to do?" Blue asked.

"I'm going to save him..." Dream said, standing up.

He knew what he had to do. He was going to cut his soul in half. But there was only one thing that could cut the golden apple...

Nightmare's negativity...

Dream ran out of the force field towards Nightmare. Killer threw his knife at Dream. Dream caught it swiftly and launched into the air. He landed behind Nightmare. Nightmare sent on of his tentacles towards Dream. Dream quickly stuck the knife into Nightmare's tentacle, covering it in negativity. Dream swiftly jumped back into the air and ran back to Ink.

What in the hell is Dream doing?! Nightmare thought.

Dream quickly knelt down beside Ink. The force field Dream created suddenly shattered into pieces. Dream ignored the footsteps of the Bad Sanses inching ever closer. Dream summoned his soul. He realized he needed one thing that could connect it to Ink. A rainbow substance had formed a puddle on the ground. It was Ink's blood. He quickly dipped half of his soul into it. As he did this, Ink's eyes slowly opened weakly. He slowly shifted his gaze to Dream and saw him holding a knife to his soul. Dream held the black knife up to it. He closed his eyes and cut his soul. A loud crisp sound echoed out. Dream's eyes flew open as an excruciating pain took him over. Golden blood flowed from his soul. Yellow tears spilled down his face.

"D-dream!" Ink shouted.

Dream laid the soul on top of Ink's chest. It glowed and a flash of light blinded them all. When they could see, half a rainbow soul floated in front of Ink's chest. He slowly leaned up, feeling full of energy. Dream collapsed next to Ink as a golden liquid gushed out of his soul. Ink felt... full. He felt real emotions. He felt his feelings and understood them. He couldn't believe it. He started crying. Tears of saddness? No... tears of absolute joy. The others stood in shock. Ink felt a new person as his tears fell to the ground. Suddenly, he remembered Dream. Soon his joy turned to sadness as he spun around. Dream laid on the ground lifeless. Ink quickly leaned down to him. Fear soon took over Ink's mind. He stared at Dream. His head dropped to Dream's chest, sobbing. He felt a hand graze his head. He looked down to see Dream's weak eyes barley open.

"H-hello m-my Inkling..." Dream stuttered.

Ink buried his face into Dream's chest crying.

"Dreamy..." Ink whispered.

Blue quickly teleported them back to their base. Blue teleported Ink and Dream into a bed. As Ink continued to cry, Dream got worried.

"A-are y-you okay, I-inky?" Dream asked.

"Dream, do you realize what you've done?!" Ink shouted.

Dream got scared by Ink's tone, but he became surprised as Ink squeezed him tight.

"Dreamy, you gave me half of your soul... I can feel true feelings!! You saved my life!!" Ink shouted.

"Of course Inky, I'd do anything for you..." Dream said, smiling.

"It's all thanks to you... my sunshine..." Ink said, smiling through his tears.