Surprise

Apologies RandomThingsOfMine. This wasn't supposed to take so long, I've been busy. It is rather short, but part two is coming soon!

Dream quietly walked through the forest, looking for a small red light. He soon spotted it, walking slightly faster. He made his way into the clearing to find Horror waiting for him. He smiled, hugging the tall figure in front of him. Horror hugged him back, purring like a giant puppy. Horror soon sat up against a tree, snuggling into Dream who sat in his lap. Horror kept purring, hugging Dream close to him.

"How was your day, love?" Dream asked, looking into Horror's eyes.

"It was good.." Horror responded.

"That's good." Dream said, laying a kiss on his cheek.

Horror only purred louder at the action. Dream giggled and looked up at the sky. He still couldn't believe that they had a truce. Sure, Nightmare didn't love him..but he wasn't out to kill him. But Dream was hoping he could change the first. Coming soon was the twins' birthday and Dream wanted to do something special. He wanted to make a cake for Nightmare, and why not get his boyfriend to help. Dream looked back up att Horror. His eyes were closed, but he knew he was awake.

"Hey hun?" Dream asked.

"Hm?" Horror responded.

"I was wondering if you could help me with something?" Dream said, sitting up slightly.

"Sure.." Horror said, opening his good eyes.

Horror wasn't much for talking. What he said may have sounded indecent, but he was ready to help.

"Well, Nightmare and I's birthday is coming up soon. I know he doesn't like me much, but even so, I'd like to surprise him. I thought maybe a hand made cake would be nice. And, I thought maybe you could help?" Dream said, looking at him.

Horror nodded, rather excited about the idea. Dream smiled, knowing how he felt. The twins' birthday was in two days and Dream didn't want to waste any time. He pulled a notebook out of his pocket. He turned to a clean page and took out a pencil as well. He started thinking about what to do. He sketched a three-layer cake, the layers getting smaller as it went up. He made notes on a separate page, making sure the flavor of the cake was deep chocolate. Horror rested still, but kept one eye on the page. Dream drew small intricate designs that would wrap around the cakes, he could dust it with some purple edible shine. He'd done intricate designs like this before, hand done too. To do them would be a piece of cake. Dream laughed internally at his joke. He continued to sketch out small moons on the cakes. He decided to make the moons out of tempered and dyed white chocolate. He finished the design and looked at it. He looked at Horror, seeing if he had any pointers. Horror wrote down a chocolate frosting recipe he knew, adding it to the notes. He handed it back to Dream. He looked at the recipe and smiled, kissing Horror on the cheek as a thank you. Horror blushed, slightly embarrassed. Dream giggled, finishing the notes. He and Horror decided to split up the ingredients between them. They would meet up at Nightmare's castle the next night and make it fresh for the day. The time had come for them to part, it was almost 2:00 am and they needed to get back. They embraced before heading their separate ways. But, neither of them could contain their excitement for tomorrow.

I hope you enjoyed, sorry again it was so short! I hope you have a wonderful day or evening! Goodbye my Droplets!