Nightmares

Hey guys, sorry I haven't updated in a while, I've had a lot going on. But, I've written a small and short Dream x Dust fluff. I hope you enjoy while I continue to work on other stories!

Dream quietly lay on a small couch, slowly looking through everyone's dreams. He shifted every so often to get comfortable. Having checked on everyone in the castle, he slowly found himself drifting off to sleep. He sunk into the soft, cozy pillows as he quietly snored. Slowly, whispers were starting to crowd his hearing, becoming ever louder. He awoke with a jerk when the whispers reached screaming volume. Someone was having a nightmare. He sighed as he slowly got up and stretched. He teleported to where the negativity was radiating. He found himself in Nightmare's room. Nightmare was quietly sleeping with his tentacles protectively around Killer and Horror. Cute, he thought. He followed the negativity into the large dark closet Nightmare shared with the Murder Time Trio. The whispers immediately came back as he walked in. He saw Dust leaning against a wall with his knees to his chest.

Killer..Murderer..How could you..look what you've done..they hate you..they will leave you..

Dream heard what the whispers said to Dust. The floorboard under Dream creaked, causing Dust's head to shoot up. He summoned purple bones, aiming them at Dream.

"S-stay away f-from me.." He whispered.

Dream looked at him in empathy and pity.

"Honey, it's okay, it's just me." Dream said, taking one step forward.

"I-I don't know y-you!" Dust said, forcing the bones closer and scooting away.

Dream sighed, walking forward more while ignoring the sharp bones pointed at him.

"Dust, it's okay, I won't hurt you." Dream said.

Dust looked up at him, tears flowing down his face. He looked Dream in the eyes.

"P-promise?" He asked.

Dream smiled and nodded. Dust let down the bones and curled back into a ball. Dream came over and stood above the ball, still taller than him even when sitting. Dream slowly pet Dust's head, calming him down. Dust grabbed Dream, holding him tightly. He laid his head on Dream's small chest, letting his tears fall on his sweater. Dream gently continued to stroke his head.

"It's alright Dusty, it's not real, they can't hurt you."

Dust looked up at Dream, his eyes clouded with tears. Dream smiled at him, kissing his forehead. Suddenly, Dust's grip on him tightened.

"I-I'm so s-sorry.." He spoke

"About what dear?" Dream asked.

"I-I almost hurt y-you.." He cried.

"It's alright, because you didn't. You didn't mean to." Dream said, holding Dust's face in his hands.

Dust smiled, holding Dream tightly.

"I l-love you little light.." He said, slowly getting up.

"I love you too honey.." Dream said, quietly giggling as Dust scooped him up in his arms.

He teleported to the same couch Dream had been on. He snuggled down and held Dream in his lap. Dust looked Dream in the eyes, smiling. Dream smiled back, gently kissing him. Dust, now feeling safe and comfortable, fell asleep quickly. Dream smiled and nuzzled into Dust's chest. He sighed and slowly drifted off into a calming sleep.

I hope you all enjoyed! Also, shoutout to one of my favorite authors @FallenAsleepYetAgain. They just hit 200K on their oneshot book! Go check them out for amazing stories! Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this short fluff. I hope you have a wonderful day or evening! Goodbye my droplets <3!!