085

"Where have you been?" Hendery asked the younger as he entered the dorm.

"Xuxi and I were out for lunch..." Yangyang furrowed his brows together, questioning why Hendery was so curious when usually he couldn't care less.

The younger waited for something more to come, but all he received as a response was Hendery's jaw tightening. It made him worried, thinking he missed some schedule he didn't know he had and now was gonna get scolded for it.

"Did I miss something? I'm sorry if I di-"

"No. You're fine. There's just something I need to warn you about." Yeah, Yangyang was definitely a little freaked out by this. "Dejun's sleeping in your bed."

Well that's not what he expected...

"Huh? How come?" Yangyang didn't seem that surprised which was odd. He just tilted his head to the side slightly as he awaited more information.

"It's probably best if he told you..."

"Oh..." The younger rocked back and forth on his heels, not sure if he should head to his room or if Hendery had more to say. It was almost an awkward atmosphere, as if both had something to say but were too afraid to say it.

"I'll go check on him then, yeah?" Yangyang added, lazily gesturing towards his bedroom. Hendery nodded quickly, making a similar motion with his own hand as he watched the younger leave the room.

"Dejun...." Yangyang called softly, opening the door slowly and praying it didn't creak.

The boy he called out to seemed to still be asleep, quiet snores leaving his mouth as he hugged one of Yangyang's pillows tightly. This wasn't the first time the younger has found him in his bed, Dejun would be half out of it when Yangyang questioned him and would say something along the lines of "I'm sick and your bed makes me feel better."

It wasn't a very detailed explanation, but Yangyang would just shrug it off and waited for the older to leave so he could claim his bed back.

"Are you sick again?" Yangyang frowned, not expecting a response. He only made his way to the bed, sitting down on the side and placing a hand over Dejun's forehead to check for a fever. The younger made a sort of "ptt" sound when the older's temperature seemed normal, this for some reason not helping him get any less worried than before.

An urge came over the younger, pushing him to crawl under the covers next to the older and cuddle into the warmth.

It didn't take long for sleep to come over him as well, falling into a slumber next to the boy he had no idea was in little space right now.

Only about four minutes later did Hendery make his way into the room, not being able to help himself when a smile spread across his face. He lifted the blanket up higher, covering the two boys up as if he was tucking them into bed.

There was a warm feeling that filled his chest, not understanding why his hand started moving by itself to brush the stray hairs out of their faces. Taking his sweet time and even cupping their cheeks before he exited the room.

"Well that's a cute look for you." Sicheng chuckled as Hendery walked past him in the kitchen. But the younger was in too much of a euphoric state to even complain at his teasing.

✖️✖️✖️

Should probably add "xiaohenyang side story" in the summary of this book now shouldn't I...

— Might not be able to post that often for the next bit because I'm switching schools. My mom got me into an outreach that I only have to go in person once a week cause my mental health is absolute shit right now.