New girl

A/N: hello everyone, I hope you all are doing good.

I made the picture on pickrew, (just imagine she has white eyebrows it looked weird on the picrew so I didn't add it).

Hope you enjoy the first chapter of this modern AU, slight trigger warning about bombs and death.

They all sat in the assembly room. The principal was talking about some nonsense that no one really paid attention to.

"How much longer?" Heather asked Astrid who was sitting beside her.

Astrid was only wearing a blue tank top with her red jacket tied around her waist. She had on a pair of ripped, black jeans and light blue joggers. Her blonde hair was in her usual braid, slung over her shoulder.

"I have no idea, but at least we don't have to be in class," she said, trying to lighten the mood.

"Class is at least a little more interesting than this," Heather complained and leaned back in her chair.

Heather had on a grey t-shirt with a silver dragon on it, her pants were light blue and she had on a pair of high-heeled, black leather boots.

Astrid made a noise of agreement and yawned.

"Now, to finalize this assembly, I would like to welcome a student that has come all the way from Russia. I present to you Frida Grisly," the principal said.

Heather looked up, intrigued by this. And her last name sounded very familiar.

A girl stepped out from the curtains. She had short snow-white hair, which didn't look dyed. She had a small bulb nose, a strong jawline, small ears, and a pair of the most beautiful blue eyes Heather had ever seen. The left side of her face, mostly her ear, almost looked burned, maybe she had gotten into an accident when she was younger, and she had a big scar on her right cheek. She was also leaning on a crutch while her backpack was swung around her shoulder.

She was wearing a white t-shirt, covered by a gray hooded jacket made of something that looked like sweatshirt material. She had a pair of white and black Timberland boots. She also had a pair of loose black pants. She looked pretty lean-built as well and Heather immediately felt an attraction to the girl.

She stepped up to the microphone and began speaking.

"Hello, um... I am very happy to be here. And, eh, I can't wait to start my year here at Berk University," she said and stepped back. She had an accent, most likely Russian. It was thick but you could clearly hear what she was saying.

Heather found it adorable how nervous she was. How she played a little with her fingers and her leg bounced and moved. She clearly didn't like to stand in front of all of them all.

"Thank you, Frida. We also hope you enjoy your years here at Berk University. Thank you all for coming to this assembly, now get back to your classes."

The auditorium quickly emptied with the kids wanting to get out of the room and back to classes as quickly as possible.

"C'mon Heather," Astrid said and took her arm.

"We should talk to her sometime," Heather said and stood up, taking her bag with her.

Astrid smirked at her.

"I am sure you would want that," she said in a teasing tone.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Heather questioned as they walked out.

"I saw how you looked at her H, you are terrible at hiding your feelings," Astrid said as they made their way to a semi-empty hall.

Heather felt her cheeks go red and she quickly looked away from the blonde.