Dad is home

TW: Grimmel, swearing.

Frida POV:

Frida opened and closed her hand and hissed in pain. She had been drawing ever since she came home yesterday while on a video call with Heather. Heather had told her to stop and get some rest multiple times, and Frida had had to pretend she wasn't drawing to get her to stop worrying.

It was now 6 in the morning and Frida lay on the couch with her drawing tablet over her chest and Shadow laying on the ground beside her.

Her father would be home at any minute. And she wasn't looking forward to it. He could be in an amazing mood and be happy with the drawings she finished, or he could be in a bad mood and... She didn't want to think about what would happen.

"Miss Grisly, your father is here," a man's voice sounded from the speakers.

She didn't bother to stand up, she knew he would come into her room whether she invited him or not.

She heard the elevator begin to go up and she sat up, getting ready to meet her Father again after the first time in almost a month.

The elevator pinged and out came a tall, white-haired man. He had something hidden behind his back as he came over to her.

"Hello Frida," he said and kissed her forehead.

"Hi, Dad," Frida said and smiled at the affection.

"I brought something for you," he said and sat down beside her on the couch.

Shadow growled lowly but stayed put.

"Here," Grimmel said and handed her a small box from behind him.

Frida smiled and carefully opened the box. Inside was a... Knife. It was a beautiful knife, it had engravings on the leather sheath like a dragon. One of her dragons. And when she opened it the blade had the same carvings.

"Thank you," Frida said and sheathed the knife. "I made a few drawings," she said and handed him the tablet.

Grimmel took it and began to look through them with a smile.

"I only fully completed half of them, the others are just sketches," Frida said and rubbed her hand.

"How many did you make?" Her father asked, still going through the drawings, not once getting a sour expression on his face.

"About 200 in total."

"And how is your hand?"

"Crampy."

"Go to Agnes and let her help you out. These are all amazing drawings sweety," Grimmel said and kissed her forehead again.

He had called her a nickname, and he hadn't done that since her mother was alive. Frida got warm on the inside and smiled.

"Ok," Frida said and stood up.

"Hey, you are not allowed to leave this room without me getting a hug," Grimmel said and stood up with her.

Frida smiled brightly and brought him into a tight hug. This was all she wanted. A father.

Grimmel hugged her back and kissed her head.

"I am so proud of you," he whispered in her ear.

Frida tried her absolute best to hold in her tears.

"Once you are done with Agnes I want you down in the lab, ok," he said and squeezed her.

"Ok," Frida said and squeezed him back before going over to the elevator with Shadow right behind her.