How is Frida?

TW: talk about rape, abuse, and sex.

Hope you enjoy this, it is a little long. So you guys like longer or shorter chapters?

Also, the song fits this chapter.

Heather POV:

Heather hadn't seen Frida the entire weekend. She was getting a little worried.

She hadn't been in the dog park or any of the other places she said she liked. Heather had tried texting her, but her texts were never even seen.

Did Frida have regrets about their date? Did she not want to be with her anymore?

Thoughts like these plagued her mind to no end.

"She probably got in trouble. I remember you told me she had to always be home by six. And you were out until 8 weren't you. Her dad probably grounded her and took her phone, don't worry," Dagur told her on Monday morning as she waited for Astrid to pick her up.

"I guess," Heather said while looking at the last message she sent Frida.

Heather: Hey, hope you are doing ok. You haven't seen any of my messages.

She had sent it yesterday, and those two checkmarks were just mocking her at this point.

"Don't stress about it. And even if she regrets it, you deserve so much better than her," Dagur said while hitting her back.

"But I really like her. And I want to continue dating," Heather said and kept looking at the message, hoping that it would suddenly turn blue and that she would get a message back saying everything was fine and that she shouldn't worry about her.

"I know, but sometimes you have to let people go. Maybe she wasn't the right one," Dagur said and got himself a glass of water.

Heather didn't think Frida had regrets, she was just worried that her father had found out something. Heather was beginning to suspect those bruises she sometimes had were from him.

"I won't judge her based on one date," Heather said and looked at her brother.

"You said she didn't want to be public, what makes you think she isn't ashamed of being with you?" Dagur asked and sat his glass down.

Heather looked at him with wide eyes. Did he even realize how much that hurt? Heather was already self-conscious enough with her own doubts, she didn't need her brother to interfere and make her feel even more awful.

"And she has that boy as well. I mean, they look like they have had sex before with how close they are. And she is so mean to everyone, she might just be using you. And then you have all the secrets she seems to be keeping and how she barely talks. Had I been dating her, I would have broken up with her on the spot."

A honk sounded from outside and Heather stormed out. She couldn't believe her own brother would say such things. She knew he knew how self-conscious she was and how many doubts she had about the snow-haired girl.

"Bye Heather!" Dagur shouted from the kitchen. Heather did not respond.

Heather ran out the second she had her shoes on and her backpack slung over her shoulder. She stormed over to Astrid's car and angrily got in.

"Did something happen?" The blonde asked.

"Dagur is being a jerk about Frida," she said and crossed her arms as she fought the tears that were threatening to fall.

"What did he say?" Astrid asked while she drove to the school.

"How she might be using me, how she might be ashamed of being with me, that she might have secrets, all the things I already know," Heather said and leaned her head back to look at the roof of the car.