Please adopt me

TW: talk about rape (slightly).

I wanted to make a drawing for this, but I feel awful so I'll add it when I feel better.

(Did the drawing).

Hope you enjoy this chapter. A little sweeter than the last one.

Frida carefully opened her eyes and almost jumped out of the sofa when a pair of dark blue eyes met her own.

"Henry, don't scare me like that," she scolded the boy.

"Sorry, but mom said I had to keep an eye on you," Henry said. He was sitting on her stomach and Frida was glad she had emptied it before.

"Thank you," Frida said and ruffled his fluffy, strawberry blonde hair so it stood right up.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, not at all bothered by the fact that his hair looked like the spines of a hedgehog.

"Better, but I am still not feeling tip-top," she told him and tried to smooth down his hair.

"Frida is bringing some coloring stuff. She said she wanted to color while we watch you," Henry said and touched her forehead. "You feel like an oven."

"I know bud," Frida said and took his hand.

"Found the colors and papers!"

Frida turned a little to see the other twin come in with colored pencils and paper stacked in her arms. She placed them all down and gave Frida a big, toothy smile, showcasing that she had lost one of her front teeth.

"You lost a tooth!" Frida said with excitement as she touched the small girl's cheek.

"Yes! I was doing football and then I fell, and it came out of my mouth. Dad got very worried but mom calmed him down," Frida said.

Frida loved hearing the small girl talk. She got so excited and Frida loved that. She knew she would never be able to do that with her own father.

Images of her mother ran through her mind. How her young self would talk holes in her head about something she liked. How her mother would sit with her and patiently listen to her and match her excitement.

Then, images of her father. Him telling her to shut her mouth. Threatening her with a belt. And ultimately, her succumbing to his harsh treatment and never speaking unless spoken to. And always speaking in a low voice, never getting too excited.

"Are you ok?"

Frida snapped out of the painful memories and whipped her eyes.

"Yes honey, I am just fine," she said and stroked her cheek. "Why don't you draw something to pass the time? Where are your parents though?"

"Upstairs. Said they had to take care of something," Henry said as he got down beside his sister.

Frida cringed at all the meaning that could have but decided to push them aside and focus on the two kids in front of her which were happily drawing on the floor.

Frida enjoyed watching the two draw and occasionally exchanged conversations with them.

That was until Frida heard some quite unsettling noises.

After a whole minute of them, she decided to break it up before the kids got traumatized.

"Boy it's hot in here isn't it!" Frida shouted with all her might, making her head and lungs hurt in the process.

The noises stopped immediately and Frida looked back at the kids who gave her confused looks.

"You'll thank me in the future," Frida said and the kids continued to draw as if nothing happened.