Fixing Up the Mess: Chapter 26

Hello!
How are you?
—————————

Billie's POV

So it turns out that my next show is in New York. The only thing left to do is meet up with Casey so I can explain and hopefully still have a girlfriend by the end of the week.

I don't know if popping up at her door would be the best option. How do you ignore someone and expect them to just open the door for you?

Yeah we're dating, which makes this shit even worse. Is everything gonna go back to normal? Am I in trouble? Probably.

"Mom I wanna talk to Casey. What day do we have free?" I sat next to her on the couch. She looked up from her phone.

"I'm glad you wanna talk to her. Tomorrow you have an interview and the rest of the day is yours." She informed.

I nodded before giving her a hug. She hugged me back and we stayed there for a minute. "Should I tell her or just pop up at her front door?" I asked for some type of advice.

"Honestly Billie I don't know what the best option would be." She answered. We sat there in silence. "Maybe you should give her a heads up." She suggested.

I nodded before taking out my phone. "Thanks, I love you." I stood up, kissing her forehead before going to my bunk. "No problem Bil." I heard her answer back.

I went to my contacts seeing a new message from her. It's the same as any other day. I smiled before typing out my own message.

Too short, try again. Too long, try again. Too formal, she's not the president. Ugh, I don't know how to word anything.

Finally I decided to send her something in between the lines that I had a show in New York and wanted to apologize and explain my behavior.

She answered back a couple of minutes later with 'thank you for informing me and not just showing up, I would slammed the door in your fucking face.'

It might seem harsh but I fucking deserve that. Let's see how tomorrow goes.

*next day at the interview*

"What's on your mind?" The interviewer asked looking right at me. His eyes making me more nervous. I don't wanna tell the full truth.

"My girlfriend." I smiled a little at the camera before looking down and playing with my fingers. He smiled a little.

"So a couple weeks ago paparazzi swarmed Casey and she seemed irritated, do you know why?" He asked with too much excitement for my liking.

"Uhm...that's not my place to tell and wouldn't you be mad when you went out for a walk and got harassed by old men." I frowned.

He shrugged making me roll my eyes. I'm really annoyed and I'm not about to hide it, this is serious. The interview finally finished and I went to the car quickly.

The chauffeur dropped me off at Casey's airbnb before leaving to take my family to a hotel. She told me the room number yesterday so I know where to go.

Do I explain then hug, or the other way around? She probably doesn't even wanna touch me. I feel like I don't deserve physical contact with her.

After a solid minute of standing at her door I knocked softly. She opened the door a couple seconds later. I stared at her slightly tinted red face. Oh god.

She stared back at me. After a moment the eye contact became too intense and I looked away, nervous. She still makes me feel nervous.

I looked back up seeing her smile. "Hi." I whispered. 'Hi.' Really Billie? Just 'hi.' Great job. I mentally facepalmed. Her smile grew "Hi princess." She whispered back. Butterflies.