The Talk: Chapter 32

Hello!
———————————

I tried to avoid them for as long as I could. Turns out that was only two days. "Why am I willingly doing this?" I face palmed.

"I don't know." Billie chuckled slightly. " I feel like I'm a child again and imma get in trouble." I got the car keys and stood by the door.

"You're not gonna get in trouble." She tried to convince. I hummed, not really being on earth right now.

"They just had to spam my phone." I grumbled as we headed out to the car, Billie informing Sully we're leaving.

"Do you think they'll like me?" Billie asked as I opened the door for her to get in the car. I got in before answering her question.

"Angel, they don't even like me, of course they won't like you. We're fruity they don't like our breed." I chuckled.

I glanced at her as I stopped at a red light, a frown apparent on her face. "Hey don't worry, I won't let them hurt you like they did to me. We'll be together." I held her hand.

"So if I have to take a shit, you'll come with me?" She bounced a little in her seat. My face scrunched a little.

"Mhm." I eventually said. "No I'm joking of course I will." I continued when I saw her offended face.

"Hmm you better." She sassed. Before I could say anything she spoke up again.

"How long does it take to get there?" She leaned her head back on the seat. "Uhm about...20-30 minutes I think." I answered.

"But it's mostly through the freeway and lucky for us there's no traffic." I said getting on the freeway.

When we got there I parked across the street from the little house my parents own. At least I think they still own it.

I got out, opened the door for Billie and held her hand when she got out. Still holding hands we walked up the ugly steps of the ugly house.

Let me describe it to you. The house is yellow and green, but it looks brown and dirty.

I sighed before knocking on the faint yellow door. My mother opened it. "Hello, come in." She said with fake enthusiasm, her accent very much present.

I gave her a fake grin before passing by her making sure Billie and her didn't make physical contact. I lead Billie to the living room and we sat on the red couch.

My father came and sat down in the couch in front of us. He stared at Billie and I could practically hear what he was thinking.

He is judging everything about her, starting with the fact that she's a female. The way she dresses. He's judging her body. He's judging the way she sits. He's judging the way her head jerks to the side.

Him doing this makes her nervous and is triggering her tics. Billie is too scared to say something, so I decided to say something.

"Hi, father." I said. His eyes moved to me and I saw his eyes fill with disappointment and hate. I chuckled.

"You begged me to be here, also don't look at her like that. You have no right to judge her. Get this shit over with and we can forget about each other again." I said.

"There's a couple of things we have to tell you." He said as my mom came in and sat a couple feet away from him.

"First...uh we got a divorce." Mom said slowly. I smiled before frowning. "Wait why now? Why did you wait years to do that?" I asked confused.