The Meeting

I looked over my child and then my husband. As we walked into the office, I was getting nervous. I had already been in this position before.
"Hello," the principle, Ms. Mackenzie, said. I waved while my company said hi back. "So I'm guessing you all know why your here?" we nodded. "Good, because even though Lanc-"
"Melanie," I interrupted her.
"- Melanie, right you still have to use the boys toilets,"
"But she's a girl," said Jeremy. He was about to explode. He did a deep intake of breath. I looked at Melanie and we both had to hide our smiles and tried not to laugh. If I'm gonna be honest Jeremy seriously is the best when he gets angry because he rarely does. "So she should be allowed to use the girls change rooms,"
"Yes, that is true Mr. Shada,"
"It's Jeremy," I had to look away to stop laughing.
"Ok, but some of the girls don't feel comfortable with that,"
"And how long has she been using the girls change rooms?"
"Ever since she went trans,"
"And she is into men, always has been. Also, have any of the girls actually complained about it?" ms. Mackenzie shook her head."Ah, here's the issue, the school says they're supportive and if you go trans they will let you use the change rooms that your gender is now, am I right?"
"Yes,"
"but YET HERE WE ARE IN YOU OFFICE, BECAUSE YOU SAY YOU SUPPORT BUT IT SURE DOESN'T LOOK LIKE IT TO ME," I started laughing and so did Melanie. We got weird looks from Ms. Mackenzie. "AND NO GIRL HAS ACTUALLY COMPLAINED ABOUT THIS HAVE THEY?" me and Melanie were almost falling off our chairs at this point.
"Fine, I'll let the teachers know everything and tell them to let her us the girls change rooms and that,"
"Good,"
"Yep,"
"Oh and also my daughter said that she has reported bullying about a few boys picking on her more than once, so I'd look into hat if I was you," Ms. Mackenzie nodded.

As we dropped Melanie to her class, she hugged me and Jeremy and told us she loves us. I think I was about to cry. As we hopped into the car, Jeremy said.,
"I think that went well,"
"It did," I said, stitches forming from me laughing to much. "I married the right man," I said kissing him on the cheek. He had his goofy grin back. (If we're been honest, this is totally Jeremy, he'd totally yell at a teacher for been unsupportive of the LGBTQIA+ community)
"Let's go out for brunch," he said. I nodded my head.
"I wanna do some shopping as well,"
"Ok," and with that, we were in the city for a good five hours.