Chapter 9

TW: S*xual assult

Natasha's POV:
I arrive at the meeting at 3pm to be greeted by Clint, Bruce and Steve.
"Hey." I say, sitting down.
"Hi." Clint says.
"How's the mission been going?" Steve asks.
"Better than last year." I say. It was. Y/N made this year on the mission the best year yet. I had to come here every year to stop a gang of hackers from accessing the S.H.I.E.L.D files. They tried every year around this time because this was the only time that the protections were updated. Even though I had joined the avengers, I still did this to help Nick out.
"We've almost found the location of the hackers. You won't have to do this next year. It'll take a few months to get the exact location." Steve says. Shit. One or two months with Y/N left. I'm gonna have to tell her eventually. Preferably sooner than later, though not too soon so I don't scare her off.
"Is that all?" I ask, it was weird that all of them had to come if this was the only information that I was told, as they could have just called.
"No. I thought you would have been more excited about this. This is your least favourite thing to do." Steve says.

We go over files and missions for a couple of hours, including the files of some of the hackers. A few of their identities had been found, so that would make it easier to find them. One name stuck out to me in particular. Alec Y/L/N.
"Alec Y/L/N. He's been involved in crime for years, along with the rest of his family." Steve says, going over the file. The rest of his family. Does that mean Y/N too? Did she not tell me about this?
"Except for his sister, Y/N. I believe she's one of your 'students' Nat." Steve finishes.
"Yeah I recognise the name.. She hasn't been involved in any crime?" I ask.
"Clean record. We believe they were training her for fights, but they gave up on her." Steve says. Should I talk to Y/N about this?
"Do you have any other information about her?" I ask curiously.
"Nope. Not even a picture. She's stayed away from social media, and security footage doesn't pick her face up well, she's usually wearing a hoodie in all the footage we have been able to find." Steve says. I don't like this situation. Y/N's brother is part of a gang who hates S.H.I.E.L.D, and she's... involved... with an ex S.H.I.E.L.D agent. I should talk to her about this. Just not yet.

Y/N POV:
I finish with practice for the day and text Wanda to meet me and Carol in an on campus diner so we can eat some food. We change and then head to meet Wanda.
"You guys look sweaty." Wanda says.
"No shit sherlock." Carol says.
"We did just come from practice Wands." I say, ordering some fries and a diet coke. Wanda and Carol order food and drinks and we sit and talk for a while.
I look down at my phone and see a text from Nat.

Natasha:
Still have my job here, they decided it was a good idea to keep it going but they've given me more things to do, they made me head of the language department, and they're trying to get more people to take Russian.

Me:
Thats great! So you got a promotion?

Natasha:
Pretty much, yeah. What are you up to котенок?

Me:
You don't see, happy about it, you okay? And I'm with Carol and Wanda at the on campus diner. What are you doing? :)

Natasha:
I'm fine, I just have more stuff to do now. I'm going over work stuff. I'll leave you to hang out with your friends, I'll talk to you later котенок.

Me:
Okay, I'll text you in a few hours, bye :)

Natasha POV:
I always love the smiley faces that Y/N puts on the ends of her texts. They always light up my day. She's so sweet and I can't wait to see her again. I get done with my files and work, then get some food.

Y/N POV:

The next few days go by quickly, I text Nat a lot, and was planning on seeing her Thursday. We were going out to a bar on the edge of town.

Thursday comes round and Nat picks me up and drives us to the bar.
"How's your week been котенок?" She asks.
"Mediocre. I had a test in math which was dog crap." I say, resting in Nat's seat of the car. Nat raises an eyebrow at me.
"Dog crap?" She mimics.
"Hey! It's a perfectly good way to describe a test." I joke.
"Sure thing." She says laughing.

We get to the bar and get out of the car, Nat rests her hand on my lower back. We get into the bar and sit down at a table.
"What do you want to drink?" She asks.
"Vodka soda." I say with a smile.
"Okay, I'll be right back." Nat says, going to get us drinks.
"What's a pretty girl like you doing here alone?" I heard a masculine voice boom out as I see a man approach.
".. I-I'm not alone.." I say nervously.
"Why don't you let me buy you a drink sweetheart." He says.
"No thanks." I say.
"Come on, at least get to know me before rejecting me." He says.
"No thanks." I repeat.
"Let's go sit over there." He says, trying to grab my arm. I nervously look for Nat, and hear her voice.
"She said no. Go somewhere else." She says sternly.
"Whatever." He says walking off accepting defeat.
"You okay котенок?" She asks, placing our drinks down and sitting next to me in the booth. She places a hand on my thigh.
"Yeah, thank you." I say, smiling at her.

We talk and drink for a couple of hours. I really enjoyed her company. I've known her for a week and a half, but I really like her already. The way she's protective over me, but not super controlling was nice. Reassuring.

It was around 11:30pm so we decided to go, I had a lot to drink so I was drunk. Nat didn't have too much because she was driving back.
"I'm gonna go to the toilet." I say, slightly slurring my words.
"Okay, I'll go get my car and meet you out front, be safe котенок." Nat says, kissing me on the cheek and leaving. I stumble into the toilet and do my business. I get out and wash my hands when the door swings open.
"Well well well, all alone sweetheart." The voice from earlier says.
"W-What are you doing in here?" I ask. My head was pounding and I could barely concentrate on what he was saying.
"Why don't we have some fun, now that your little friend is gone." He says.
"Please leave me alone. I don't want to do anything with you." I say, trying to exit the toilet.
"Come on sweetheart, I know you want to." He says, grabbing my arm and pulling me into a kiss. I try to push him away but the alcohol made it hard. I start to black out when I feel the man's grip loosen from me. I hear the faint sound of fighting, but I pass out.

I wake up in a car and start to panic.
"Hey, hey, it's okay. You're safe котенок." Nat reassures me, putting a hand on my thigh to make me feel safe.
"What happened?" I ask groggily.
"You passed out after that man from before came into the toilet. How do you feel?" She asks. I just groan in response. I feel my eyes closing, and drift off.

Natasha POV:
I get back to campus to drop Y/N off at her dorm. I look over and see her asleep. I nudge her gently to try and wake her up, but she groans instead of replying. I knew she wasn't going to wake up and it was too risky for me to take her up to her dorm so I decide to take her back to my apartment.

I get to my apartment and carry Y/N inside. I take her to my room and grab an oversized shirt and some cycling shorts.
"Come on, you need to get changed котенок." I say, handing her the clothes. She was awake by now and aware that she was in my apartment.
"Fine.." She says. I show her the bathroom and she changes. She comes out and sets herself on my bed.
"I'll be in the living room, goodnight котенок." I say.
"Wait.. can you stay?" Y/N asks.
"You sure?" I ask.
"Yeah." She confirms. She was falling asleep almost instantly.
"Okay, I'm gonna change first though." I say, kissing her on the head.

I change then make my way into the bed with Y/N. I thought she was already asleep, but as soon as I get into my bed, Y/N moves over to me and cuddles into me. This is nice. It's hard to think that I might only have a few months left with her.