Chapter 52

"Tony wants to see you Nat." Bruce says as I finish my sub, Nat next to me.
"Okay, I'll be there in a second.. Thanks." she says.
"It's urgent." he says.
"I said I'll be there in a sec." she repeats. She stands up and takes our plates to the sink. "I'll see you later." she says before kissing the top of my head and leaves. I go to get up and leave, but Bruce stops me.
"Excuse me." I state.
"She doesn't love you, y'know." he says.
"I don't have time for this. Move." I say.
"No need to be so rude." he says.
"There is when it's you." I reply.
"What do you have against me?" he asks.
"You kissed my girlfriend and you've been relentlessly mean to me since I've gotten here." I scoff before pushing past him in an attempt to leave but he grabs my arm.
"She doesn't love you." He repeats his earlier phrase before letting me go. I walk away, holding my arm. He has a really tight grip, it's probably gonna bruise.

Wanda POV:
"Hey, do you wanna watch a movie with us?" I ask as me and Carol see Y/N in the halls, she looks upset to say the least.
"I have to go talk to Nat, sorry." she replies as she rushes past us.
"What was that about?" I ask.
"They're probably gonna do it." Carol jokes.
"Nat is with Tony right now, it's important. I think she lied." I say, sceptically.
"Why would she do that?" She asks.
"I don't know.." I say. As I finish my sentence, Bruce walks past. Ugh.

Y/N POV:
Nat is gone for the rest of the day, pretty much anyway. I decide to go to sleep early because I'm exhausted. It's around 5pm. To be honest I feel like a toddler going to sleep this early, but I need it.

The next day I wake up to Nat next to me.
"Morning." She says, setting down her phone and pulling me into her.
"Morning." I say.
"You feeling okay? You went to sleep pretty early yesterday." Nat asks.
"I'm fine, I was just tired." I say.
"Okay. I have to help Tony with something today, so I'll be out for a couple of hours." she says. I mentally roll my eyes.
"Okay." I say.
"Do you need a shower?" she asks. I nod. "Come on then." she says, getting up.

Nat leaves to do whatever it is she's doing so I head downstairs and make some breakfast.
"Alone again I see. That becomes a thing, she'll slowly stop hanging around you and drift away, eventually she won't even text you anymore." Bruce says. Obviously it's him.
"Go away Bruce, I don't have time for this." I say as I put my toast on my plate
"Has she ever told you she loves you?" He asks.
"Of course she has." I scoff.
"Who says it first? Let me guess, it's you." He says.
"She says it first... sometimes." I defend.
"And how often is sometimes? Maybe she feels a need to say it back to your sorry self, you seem so desperate she doesn't want to make you sad." He says. I know all of this is complete bullshit but I can't help feeling that maybe what he's saying is right. I do say it most of the time first, but I'm not a sad, desperate person... am I?
"Leave me alone please." I say, buttering my toast.
"Just like Nat does?" He says.
"That was a shit come back." I say.
"Sure, but it's true." He says before walking off. I look down at my toast, no longer feeling hungry. I throw the toast away and then head back upstairs into mine and Nat's room which is still dark from earlier when neither of us bothered to open the curtains. I slump down on our bed and cover myself in my blanket. I think today I'm gonna stay in bed, I'm not in the mood and I don't have anything to do apart from a bit of work from college, but that can wait a few hours. Worst comes to worst I'll just copy off Wanda and Carol.

I wake up as I hear someone entering my room. It's Nat. I look at her then close my eyes again in an attempt to fall back asleep.
"Are you sure you're okay? Wanda and Carol said you've been in here all day." Nat asks as she sits in front of me on the edge of the bed, stroking the hair out of my face.
"I'm fine. Just didn't feel like getting up today." I say.
"Do you wanna watch something? Brooklyn 99 maybe?" she suggests.
"Okay." I agree. I'll probably fall asleep again. Nat takes off her jacket and sits next to me on the bed. I turn around so I can lean on her.
"Wake up детка." I hear Nat whisper loudly to me.
"Why?" I groan.
"It's time to eat, you've not eaten in a while." she says.
"I'm not hungry." I complain.
"I know, but you need to eat." she says.
"Fine." I groan, getting up and slipping one of Nat's hoodies over the tank top pjs I was wearing.

We get downstairs, just my luck that Bruce is in the kitchen. Nat looks at me, weary of the fact I don't like him.
"Tony is looking for you." Nat says.
"Right.. Any idea what for?" He asks.
"No, sorry." Nat says before he nods and leaves.
"When did he say that?" I ask.
"Never." she giggles. "I just know you don't like him." she adds. I hug her, not letting go. Being in her grasp is amazing, she has a tight, comforting grip, and she's comfortable to hug. I feel Nat smirk as she tries to make us some food with me attached.

She put something in the oven so it's probably gonna be fries and something else. She taps my thighs, signifying me to jump up so I do. She holds me like a koala and takes me into the empty main room.
"It'll be 20 minutes." She explains.
"Okay." I say, my head resting on her shoulder

A/N: Someone wanted some Bruce drama, so expect that to come up in the next few chapters ;)

Hope you enjoyed this chapter

Remember to take care of yourself! <3<3