Chapter 42

It gets cold so I grab my blanket and wrap it around my body and head then go back downstairs.
"Is that necessary?" Nat asks with an amused smile.
"Yes, yes it is." I state. She kisses me on the nose then leads me to the living room and turns on the TV. She pulls me onto her lap and she wraps her arms around me. Some of the others come in and watch with us.

Natasha POV:
Y/N falls asleep on me and I adjust the blanket to make sure she's warm.
"What did Dr Cho want?" Tony asks.
"You didn't know? You looked pretty upset by it." I reply.
"I did not. But I figured it probably wasn't good." He says.
"Iron deficiency and a new type of pathogen." I state.
"That's not terrible, right?" He asks.
"Nope." I answer.

Around an hour later, I take Y/N up to our room and cover her in the sheets. I kiss her forehead then go for a shower.

Y/N POV:
I wake up, tears streaming down my face. It happened. Again. I can't see Nat anywhere.
"Tasha?" I call out, my voice cracking as I speake. No reply. I hear the shower, I guess she's in there. I get up and go into the shower, hugging her from behind. I still have my clothes on.
"Детка?" She asks as she turns around. She notices I'm crying so hugs me back tightly. "Did you have the dream again?" She asks, placing a hand on my cheek and making me look up at her. I nod. She pulls me back into the hug. "It'll be okay котенок." She whispers reassuringly whilst stroking my now wet hair.

We get out of the shower and Nat helps me get the wet clothes off. She wraps a towel around me then one around herself. She holds me whilst we lay in our bed, still wet.

After a while, we get up and dry off properly and get dressed.
"I'm sorry." I say. I feel a need to apologize.
"Don't be детка." She says as she hugs me. "Just promise me you'll see someone." She adds.
"Okay.." I sigh.
"Thank you. I love you." She says with a kiss on my forehead.
"I love you more." I say.
"Not possible." She says.

After a while, there's a knock at the door.
"Come in." Nat says as she strokes my hair.
"Hey, I have the iron tablets." Dr Cho says as she holds out a yellow bottle. I get up and take it from her.
"Thanks. 1 a day?" I ask
"Yeah. You should run out in 2 weeks, so I'll get you a refill for a few days before then. Take one now." She says before leaving. I sit next to Nat and take one of the pills in my hand. Nat hands me a glass of water.
"Thanks." I say with a smile. I take the pill and swallow it with water. I sigh then lay back down.
"I'm going out with Yelena tomorrow around 10am." Nat says.
"Where are you going?" I ask.
"We'll probably go on a walk then go for lunch and end up at a bar somehow." Nat says.
"Okay." I say. I press a kiss onto her lips then lay down to go to sleep. Nat pulls the sheets over us.
"Goodnight котенок." She says. She kisses my forehead.

The next morning I wake up and see Nat up in the bathroom getting ready.
"Come back to bed, it's cold." I groan. She chuckles before turning around to me.
"It's 8:30, aren't you gonna get up?" She asks. I groan and cover my face with a pillow. I normally wake up at 5, waking up later makes me feel less productive. I feel something cover me over the sheets so I look out from under the pillow. Nat put my blanket over me. "Better?" She asks with a cocky smirk.
"No." I lie. "Maybe." I say. Nat brushes the hair our of my face then presses a light kiss on my forehead.
"I'm gonna get breakfast. I'll see you before I leave." Nat says.
"You're leaving me? You have an hour at least before you have to leave." I say, trying to get her to
stay.
"I'm sorry детка." She says with a smile before leaving. I throw a pillow at her as she does so.

I stay in bed until Nat comes back.
"Why aren't you up yet?" She asks as she enters the room.
"Because I don't want to." I reply.
"Can't argue with that." She says with a laugh. She comes over to my side of the bed and kisses my forehead. I give her a look. "What?" She asks.
"You leave me, then you don't even kiss me properly." I say. She raises an eyebrow at me.
"That's cute." She says with a laugh.
"I hate you." I reply. She kisses me.
"No you don't." she says.
"No I don't." I admit.
"I love you, I'll see you later. Don't go out and stay with someone all day." Nat says.
"I love you more.. And geez, thanks for grounding me mom." I mock.
"Not possible. And I'm just trying to keep you safe котенок." She says as she kisses me a final time. "I'll see you later, I should be back before 5." Nat says before walking out.

After an hour, I get up and shower then get dressed. I head downstairs and find Wanda and Carol.
"Hey." I say as I slump on the couch next to Wanda.
"Hi." Carol and Wanda say in unison.
"You guys wanna do something today?" I ask.
"Sure, there's this new coffee place that just opened up. Then we could go see a movie?" Wanda suggests.
"Yeah, I'm down for that. As long as it's not one of those stupid romcoms." Carol says.
"You love them really." I say.
"No I don't." Carol denies a little too quickly.
"Sure." Wanda says.

We all get ready then grab a coffee and sit and chat for a while.
"So, where's Nat today?" Carol asks.
"She's out with Yelena." I say.
"Yelena's in Russia." Wanda says, confused.
"Why do you know that?" I ask.
"No reason. You should call Nat." Wanda says.
"Do you think she's cheating? That because I've been waking up in the middle of the night crying and that I've not been doing it with her and that I've been causing arguments she's found someone better?" I panic.
"No way, Nat wouldn't cheat on you. She loves you Y/N." Carol says.
"She lied to me about where she is." I say.
"She bought you a laptop yesterday, and you guys are always together. She's probably got an explanation. Call her." Wanda says.
"But what if she's had too much of me? That she thinks I'm clingy?" I ask.
"Call. Her." Carol and Wanda say in unison.
"Okay, okay." I say. I grab out my phone and it rings, and rings, and rings. Then goes to voicemail. Damnit.
"That's not good." Carol says. Wanda gives her a look as if to say 'What the hell?'.
"Ugh. I don't even know where she is." I say as I put my head on the table.
"Her phone is probably on silent." Wanda says. "Let's watch that movie and take your mind off this." She says.
"Okay." I say as I stand up. I pay for the coffees and we go to the movie theatre.

After the movie finishes, we head back home. I check my phone the whole way there. Still nothing from Nat. It's 3pm. 2 hours until she said she'd be home by.
"Hey, wanna help make dinner with us?" Wanda asks.
"Sure." I say. "Why are we making dinner at 3pm? I ask.
"Because, it takes a long time to marinade." Carol explains.
"Since when were you a chef?" I ask.
"Since me and Wanda started cooking dinner almost every night." She says.

A/N: Tomorrow is my birthday so there probably won't be an update but there might be :)

Hope you enjoyed this part <3

Remember to take care of yourself and get something to eat and drink <3<3 :)