Chapter 38

Natasha POV:
"Has anyone seen Y/N/N?" I ask over the coms. Everyone else has been talking but she hasn't.
"I think she was taking the basement." Steve replies over coms. "I'm sure she's fine, she probably just dropped her ear piece." He adds.

I race down to the basement to see no one in sight, apart from dead hydra agents, but they're everywhere. I check the whole basement before letting myself panic.
"She's not here." I say over the coms, hoping that someone has found her since I last checked in. I see her ear piece on the floor and pick it up. Shit. Maybe she is okay...
"Everyone look around for Y/N." Steve orders over the coms.

"Nowhere to be seen." Tony sighs as we get out of the hydra base. We completed our mission, but now there's something much more important to do.
"Tell me you put a tracker or something on her." I say, hoping that maybe he'd say yes.
"Nope." He says. "If we get her back-" He says before I cut him off.
"When. When we get her back." I say.
"When we get her back, I'll put one on her. She seems to get taken a lot." He jokes, trying to lift the mood.

The journey on the quinjet is silent. I can't believe we're here again. What do they want with her?
"When we get back I want everyone to start looking for new Hydra bases and sightings of hydra agents." Tony orders. Part of me wonders why he cares so much. They have been talking a lot, especially after what happened with her dad.
"Waste of time." Bruce whispers underneath his breath.
"What did you just say?" I ask him as I stand up and walk over to him. "What the hell did you just say?" I ask again after he doesn't reply.
"I said that it's a waste of time." He says, staring me in the eyes.
"Shut the hell up." I say.
"What are you gonna do about it?" He asks. He's really getting on my nerves. I punch him in the face as hard as I can. He goes to punch back before someone interrupts us.
"Hey! Stop that you two. Bruce I don't know what your problem with Y/N is, but you need to chill. Go sit over there. Nat over there." Steve says as he stands in between us. He points to different ends of the quinjet.

Y/N POV:
I wake up in a familiar cell. Shit. Hydra. It's not the same as the one before, but it has the same design. I want Nat. I don't know how I'm supposed to get out of here. Come on.

I get taken through to another room. Not again. I can't do this again.

After it's over, I'm returned to my cell. I hope Nat finds me soon. I get my food and eat it. This slop is nowhere near as good as the food at the compound. I miss it there with everyone. With Nat. I hope she's doing okay.

Natasha POV:
One week. One week and we've still not found Y/N.
"Found anything?" Clint asks as he walks into the room where Wanda, Carol, Tony and I are. We've been non-stop looking. Bruce gave up almost immediately which is unsurprising. Steve, Thor, Clint and Peter aren't much help, though Peter wasn't any help to begin with. Clint helped for a while, but stopped after I snapped after him. I didn't mean to, but the stress is getting to me.
"Nope." Carol sighs as she places her head onto the counter. Clint flashes a sympathetic smile before sitting next to me on the couch.
"How have you been holding up?" He asks. I shrug in reply. My hand plays with my 'Tasha' necklace that Y/N gave me. Man, I miss her.
"I'm getting food. What does everyone want?" Tony asks.
"Pizza." Carol says.
"I second that." Wanda says.
"You good with that Nat?" Tony asks.
"I'm not really hungry." I say before getting up and going to me and Y/N's bedroom. I lay down and face Y/N's side of the bed. I miss her.

Y/N POV:
I'm starting to lose hope. I don't think they're going to find me any time soon. I've counted every meal, 1 a day, and I've counted 23. 23 days. 23 days without any proper human contact. 23 days without Nat. I've gained more control of my fire. That's the ONLY positive. I don't know how much longer I can take it here. I miss being free, I miss going on runs, I miss watching Brooklyn 99 with Nat, I miss playing basketball with Carol, I miss messing up Wanda's cooking and I miss eating decent food. I need to get out of here.

A/N: Sorry for the shorter chapters recently, but it was a good place to stop in the story :)

Hope you all had a great day <3

Remember to take care of yourself :) <3

Also, another reminder, I DON'T HATE BRUCE!!! :) <3