Chapter 45

I wake up dripping in sweat. Another nightmare. Great.
"You're okay." Nat reasures as she takes me into a secure hug. She kisses the top of my head and I cry into her. I can't take these dreams anymore, it's like I'm back there.
"I- There-" I try to explain as my breath quickens.
"Breathe baby." She says as she releases me from the hug and wipes away my tears with her thumb.
"I'm sorry." I say as I calm down.
"Don't be." She says with a soft smile.
"I love you, thank you." I say as I play with our hands, entwining my hand with hers and looking down at them.
"Of course. I love you more." She says before kissing my cheek.
"Not possible." I say as I look into her eyes.

After a while, Nat goes out to get some snacks so we can watch the new season of the walking dead. I have a few assignments to finish so I sit in the kitchen on my laptop. Stupid math. I hate it.

I feel some arms wrap around me and a head rest in the crook of my neck.
"Hey." I say as I look to the side to see my favourite redhead.
"Hey." She says into my neck.
"What snacks did you get?" I ask her.
"The usual." She says as she rests her chin on my shoulder to see what I'm doing. "What you
doing?" She asks.
"Finishing my math work." I say as I type out the last answer and close my laptop.
"Good, the new episode is airing in 5 minutes." She says as she kisses my cheek. She takes the bag of snacks off the floor and we walk upstairs, hand in hand.

We slump down on our bed and turn on the TV. We take out the snacks from the bag and I see that Nat bought some vodka. I smirk at her.
"You have a limit of 5 shots." She says.
"What?! Rude, I'm not a child." I defend.
"You sure act like one." She says.
"That is not correct." I say as I place the bottle down for later. I take some tortilla chips and open them then lay down with Nat as we get onto the channel the episode is airing on.

The episode ends and I'm almost in tears.
"Damn it. Why did he have to die? He was my favourite." I say. Nat tries to conceal a laugh but was failing miserably. I look up at her.
"I'm sorry baby." She says as she hugs me, dying her laughter down.
"You're mean." I say.
"Hey! I can't help it, your reactions are funny." She says. I grab the vodka that was on the side table. "5 shots." Nat reminds me.
"I think it should be 6 shots after you laughed at me." I argue.
"5." She says.
"6." I say.
"5." She repeats.
"6." I respond.
"5 or no sex." She threatens with a cocky smile.
"Damn it, fine." I say defeatedly.
"Works every time." She says quietly with a victorious grin. I grab the shot glasses that Nat keeps in her drawer which is weird, but then again it's Nat. I pour us both a shot and we drink them.

We watch movies whilst drinking, I have my 5 shot limit, then try to pour another one.
"Nope." Nat says as she snakes the bottle out of my hand and places it on the floor alongside the shot glass that she freshly took out of my hand.
"Damn it." I say. I'm slightly tipsy at this point. "Sex?" I ask. Nat leans in and kisses me, the kiss starts getting heated until we're interrupted by a knock on the door. "Damn. It." I groan as I fall back onto my pillow.
"We're busy." Nat calls out in hopes to send whoever it is away.
"We need to go to a safe house. Hydra have found us and we don't know what they have planned. They're stronger than ever." Someone, I think Tony, explains through the closed door. Nat gets up and opens the door to reveal Tony.
"How? We've taken down so many of their bases recently." Nat says, very pissed off.
"I don't know. Secret weapons I guess, maybe like Bucky, Y/N and Wanda." Tony says. I take this as an opportunity to down some more vodka, we're clearly not doing it now.
"Where are we going?" She asks.
"I don't know, but we need to leave now. Pack a few outfits but not more than a bag each." Tony says before leaving. I place the bottle of vodka down before Nat comes down to sit with me.
"Come on, we have to pack some stuff." Nat says. I groan.
"Why can't we just stay and fight hydra off?" I ask.
"Because they're too strong and I'm not risking you being taken again." Nat explains as she pulls me off our bed and hands me a bag. I roll my eyes. "I'll hand you clothes and all you have to do is put them in the bag." She says.
"We should leave tomorrow. It's 10pm." I complain.
"Nope. We're leaving now." Nat says as she hands me some of her shirts and a few of mine. I put them in my bag and she puts some in hers then hands me a pair of jeans and some joggers. My bag fills quickly so Nat puts underwear and socks in her bag. Before leaving our room, I grab my phone, a charger, some earphones, a book and my blanket. I wrap it around myself and put the stuff I grabbed in Nat's duffel bag.
"What about the vodka?" I ask. Nat takes a second then grabs it before we leave and go downstairs.

"Finally, everyone get on the quinjet." Tony says as me and Nat walk into the room. I sit next to Wanda and Carol and Nat goes to talk to the guys so she can find out what's happening.
"So, were you and Nat doing anything?" Carol asks as she looks at the blanket around me.
"Nope. Tony interrupted. I'm just cold." I explain. "And nearly drunk." I say as I feel the effects of the vodka sit in.

20 minutes go by of Carol, Wanda and I playing rock paper scissors and getting super competitive over it.
"Damn it." I say as I lose once more.
"Haha! You both suck." Carol says in victory. I see the bottle of vodka near me and Nats bags and I look over to see that she can't see me. I drink a lot of the remaining liquid. Carol and Wanda have some as well. The bottle is pretty much finished so I fill it up with water in hopes that Nat won't notice.

The effects of the alcohol has sunk in and Wanda, Carol and I are laughing uncontrollably at something that isn't funny, Carol and Wanda are pretty much just laughing at my drunken state.
"Y/N, how much vodka did you have?" Nat asks as she checks the bottle.
"Not- much." I laugh, stumbling on my words.
"This is super watered out." She says as she looks over at me after sipping from the bottle.
"I have no idea- what yo-your on about." I say, continuing to stumble on my words.
"Come on." She says as she helps me up, giving Carol and Wanda an annoyed look. She takes me over to a crate and sits me on top of it. How much did you have?" She asks again.
"Mo-st the bottle." I admit.
"I guess nothing for you tonight." Nat says.
"Wait! I didn't think- cuz- and like-" I try to explain.
"Just because there would be people around, doesn't mean you couldn't be quiet котенок. But I guess it's too late." She says with an amused smile. Nothing in this situation is amusing. I begin to get tired and start to slip off the box. Nat catches me then steadies me on the box.
"Damn it." I groan for another time. Nat lets out a small laugh then sits down on the box next to me. She leans her back against the wall of the quinjet then moves me onto her lap.

"Sleep детка." She whispers into my ear.

A/N: I'm sorry for any mistakes in this chapter :)

I completely flunked my math exam yesterday lmao oops

But I hope you're doing good, see you in the next part <3

Take care of yourself <3<3 :)