Chapter 51

"You're so kind to people Tasha." I say sarcastically as we sit in her car.
"Yes, yes I am." She replies, returning the sarcasm.
"Can we go out for lunch as well?" I ask as Nat starts the car.
"Yeah, of course." Nat says with a smile.

I look at the books, Nat has her arms wrapped around me from behind me and her head is resting her head on my shoulder.
"So what do you want for lunch?" she asks.
"Subway?" I suggest.
"Sounds good." she replies.
"Gross. F*ggots." a male voice calls out. I look over to see a middle aged man scowling at me and Nat.
"What did you say?" Nat asks, separating from me and walking over to the man.
"You heard me, you freak." he says.
"Nat, come on, let's just go." I say quietly to her.
"No, we shouldn't have to leave just because someone can't keep their opinions to themself." she replies as she turns towards me.
"It's not worth it." I say.
"Fine." she groans before beginning to walk towards me.
"Just run away you stupid b!tch." he says. Nat turns around and punches him in the face, causing him to fall to the ground. I smile a little as Nat takes my hand and we walk out.
"Can we just go back to the compound?" I ask Nat as we walk down the street.
"What about lunch?" she asks.
"I'm not hungry anymore." I reply.
"Is this about what happened in the library?" she asks as we stop walking.
"No.. I'm just not hungry." I lie.
"I'm gonna get something from the shop, you can wait in the car." she replies as if she knew I was lying, which she probably does.
"Okay.. I'll wait in the car." I say. She hands me the keys and kisses my forehead.

It really hit hard about what that man said. I know people can be homophobic, but I always feel so safe in the library, everyone seems to be so accepting in that environment. It reminds me of my dad. He hated it when he found out that I like woman.
"You ready to go?" Nat asks as she sits in the car.
"Mhm." I hum and nod.

Natasha POV:
As soon as we get back Y/N heads upstairs.
"What's up with her?" Wanda asks, confused.
"Some guy at the library was being homophobic." I explain as I set down my sub and grab a plate. "I don't know what to do, Y/N seems pretty sure in who she is, like she wouldn't be affected by this sort of thing." I say.
"We'll talk to her." Carol says.
"Thank you." I say to Carol and Wanda, giving them a thankful smile.

Y/N POV:
"Nat told us what happened." I hear Carol say as she walks into my room.
"Are you okay?" Wanda asks. I turn on the bed to face them.
"No." I say.

"What happened exactly?" She asks.
"I thought Nat told you." I say.
"She told us some guy was being homophobic to you in the library." Carol explains.
"He reminded me of my dad." I say. "He hates that I like woman." I sigh.
"I'm so sorry Y/N/N. People suck." Carol says.
"I should go talk to Nat. She probably thinks I'm mad at her or something. Thank you guys, I love you two." I say as I get up and pull them into a hug.
"We love you too Y/N." Wanda says as she embraces the hug.

I go downstairs to find Nat in the kitchen enjoying her sub, but looking a little sad.
"Hey." I say.
"Hey, you okay?" she asks.
"Yeah, I'm sorry." I say as I sit next to her.
"For what?" she asks.

"For being upset about something like that. I know that sort of stuff happens, It just lowered my mood." I explain.
"Don't be sorry about it детка, I completely understand." she says.
"So you're not mad at me?" I ask, avoiding eye contact.
"Of course not." She says, I look up to see a reassuring smile."Good, because I'm hungry and that sub looks really good right now." I say.
"Good thing I got you one." She says as she hands me a sub from the side of her.
"Thank you, I love you." I say with a smile as I take the still wrapped sub.
"I love you more котенок." She says.
"Not possible." I say.

A/N: Another short chapter, sorry <3

Take care of yourself, have a great day and eat/drink something <3