Chapter 14

I get back to my dorm to see Carol and Wanda hanging out.
"Hey. Oh my god, you and Natasha did it again." Wanda says, noticing the red marks Nat left on me. "That's why you're back later than me!" Wanda finishes.
"Damn Y/N." Carol says.
"I'm an adult guys, I'm allowed to do this." I reply.
"She always leaves so many marks on you." Carol says.
"Whatever. What were you guys doing?" I say, trying to change the subject.
"Watching TV. How did you not get caught?" Wanda says.
"I'm not talking about this with you guys." I say, sitting down on my bed.

I go to practice and shower after. I check my phone and see texts from Nat and Brock. I had texted him earlier about meeting up tonight to go over some Russian. We decide to meet at an on campus cafe. He was gonna come by my dorm first so we can walk to the cafe as he lived one floor below me.

I get back to my dorm, texting Nat. I slip on a hoodie as it was getting cold outside. It was Nat's hoodie of course because it's comfy and warm. Me and Wanda were just talking about random things, Carol had gone to go get some food. There was a knock on my door. I go and open it to see Brock.
"Oh hey." I say. He doesn't say anything. He wasn't in his regular clothes, he had a black top on, some sort of bullet proof harness and black work pants. "Brock? You okay?" I ask. Suddenly I feel a force to my head and everything goes black.

Carol POV:
I get back to Wanda and Y/N's dorm to be met with an open door. This was weird, but I enter anyway. They weren't there. Y/N's phone was on the floor, cracked screen as if it had been dropped. It was buzzing, the contact name came up as 'Nat'. I pick up the call as I continue to look around the dorm.
"Y/N, what the hell? I've been texting and calling you for like an hour." I hear a voice say. I'd never actually heard Natasha but I assumed it was her.
"This isn't Y/N, this is Carol.. She's not in her dorm, nor is Wanda. I think she was going out with some guy, Brock, to help him with Russ- oh my god." I stop. There was blood on the floor.
"Brock? Oh no. Why did you pause?" She asks.
"T-There's blood on the floor." I reply. I was scared. "I-I think."
"Shit. That's not good." She says.
"Do you know something? Who is this Brock guy? Is Y/N safe?" I ask.
"Brock Rumlow. He's not a good guy. I never got a good lock at his face, if I did, I would have told her not to go. You need to meet me in my classroom, you're not safe." She says.
"Why should I trust you?" I ask.
"Because you'll probably die if not. Y/N and Wanda aren't safe." She says.
"Fine. But I'm calling the police at the first sign of anything weird." I say. This was already beyond weird.

I talk to Natasha the whole way there. I hang up the phone once I see her. She was wearing some sort of suit.
"What the hell?" I ask.
"There's no time for an explanation, but I'm not actually a professor. Do you know the avengers?" She asks.
"Yeah, I do." I reply. Who didn't?
"I'm the sixth member. It's not been told to the public yet. I have this mission that I have to do every year. There is this group of hackers, they try every year to access the S.H.I.E.L.D database, when its security system is down for maintenance and upgrading. Y/N's brother is part of them. But the people that took her are a group called Hydra. They're not good news, she could end up dead or worse. They tortue and experiment on people. She might end up getting powers. Same with Wanda." She says.
"What the fuck. This is crazy. How do I know you're not lying?" I ask her.
"I would never want to hurt Y/N. You just have to trust me on this." She says.

After a while of talking, I end up trusting her as I was scared and confused. She takes me to the avengers compound. I make my way inside with her. I feel eyes look me up and down.
"Nat, who is that?" Some guy asks.
"Tony, can I talk to you?" Nat says.
"Sure." Tony Stark says. I knew who he was.
"Come with me Carol." Nat says. They talk in another room for a while.
"I-I can help." I say.
"How? You're some college kid." Tony says.
"I have powers." I say. I show them the powers that I had acquired when I was a child. (I know that's not how she got her powers. It's not accurate cuz that's how I made it work :) )
"How did we not know about this?" Tony asks.
"I've never told anyone." I say.

Y/N POV:
I wake up in a cold cell. There was a bed. Concrete floor. Glass door. Window. I call out, scared. The last thing I remember was Brock at my door. Who was he? He can't be good.

A week goes by at this place. No sign of Wanda. I've been experimented on by men. It's crazy. I can shoot fire out of my hands. I'm scared. Scrap that. I'm terrified. I don't know what to do. I can feel tears fall down my cheeks. I miss Nat. I don't know how to get out of here.

Carol POV:
2 weeks go by from when Nat had taken me to the compound, and I stay at the avengers compound, helping them all find Y/N and Wanda. I don't think Nat told the others about Y/N and Wanda, but she said about Hydra bases.
"Kid, I know you're in college, but we were all wondering if you wanted to be apart of the Avengers, officially." Steve asks. I had gotten to know the team quite well.
"I'm not a kid... But really?" I ask, confused why they'd want me.
"Yeah, you've been useful, and we all think that you'd be a great part of the team." He says.
"Sure, it sounds fun." I reply, trying to keep back my happiness.

Another week goes by. Tony and Steve had gone out somewhere, and Bruce, Clint, Thor and me were all watching something and talking about our theories of the show. We had been working so hard on finding the Hydra base that we took a day off. Nat was still looking for it. She hadn't stopped since we got there. She was exhausted, drained, emotional. I don't think she had a proper night's sleep since Y/N had disappeared.

I was hanging out in the kitchen with Thor and Bruce talking about something stupid when Nat comes in.
"Oh that show! My friend Y/N-." I say, before Nat interrupts me.
"Carol, can I talk to you?" She says.
"Sure?" I say, I follow her out of the room. "What's up?" I ask her.
"Don't mention her name. Not until we find her, okay?" She says.
"Why?" I ask.
"Because I said so." She says, leaving. That was weird.

Y/N POV:
Nothing had happened for weeks. More experiments. The fire that I can shoot out of my hands has become more controllable. Why did this happen?

I continue to do the things that I did day in day out, when suddenly there was a crash that shakes the whole building. Was this normal? I get up off the floor that I had been sitting on and look out of the glass door frantically. Debris falls from my ceiling and I get knocked out.

I wake up in some sort of plane.
"Ah, you're awake." Someone calls out.
"W-who are you?" I stutter. My head hurts. I guess I had hit it earlier when the debris fell on me.
"I am Iron Man. Part of the avengers." He says.
"That billionaire guy?" I ask.
"Yeah. You were in a Hydra base, experimented on, correct?" He asks.
"Yeah.. I think so. I don't know what's going on." I admit. I hear a groaning from next to me. I look and see Wanda. We had been placed on seats with seatbelts on.
"Wanda! Are you okay?" I ask her.
"I-I'm fine. You're the one with a cut on your forehead." Wanda says. I hug her, then look back to Tony.
"So.. what happened to the Hydra place?" I ask. He explains that the avengers have been trying to find the Hydra base for a few weeks.
"So you just took us instead?" I ask.
"We're the avengers. We're the good guys." He says. I had seen them in the news a lot, he wasn't lying.