Chapter 40

Natasha POV:
Y/N falls asleep in my arms. I'm glad I have her back. I know she won't ever want to talk about it, but she needs to. Maybe not to me, but to someone. I should get some sleep, but I can't. I want to watch her. I want to make sure she's okay.

After an hour or so, Y/N starts stirring in my grasp.
"You okay котенок?" I ask her as I tighten my grip. She groans then sits up, breathing heavily. "Детка?" I ask her as I sit up with her. She looks at me, tears daring to fall from her eyes. I pull her into a hug and she hugs back, crying. She sounds so hurt. In pain. "It's okay, I've got you." I whisper to her.

Half an hour later Y/N has stopped crying.
"You need to talk about it детка." I say as I hold her into my side."I don't want to." She replies quietly, tears still staining her cheeks.
"I know. It will help though." I say as I wipe her face with my hand.
"Okay.." She says defeatedly.
"Bubble bath?" I ask her. She nods happily. "Okay." I say.

I pick her up koala style. I place her down on the counter but let my hand remain on her knee so that I know she's there. I turn on the taps then situate myself in between her legs and hold her. I pull her in for a loving kiss.
"Don't leave." She says.
"I won't детка." I say with a reassuring smile.
"Good." She says as she rests her arms around me.

We get in the bath and relax there for a while. I've missed her. I've missed her so much. After we've finished we get changed into some of my clothes.
"Are you hungry?" I ask her as I stroke her hair. She shakes her head. "You have to eat котенок." I say.
"Fine.." She sighs.
"I'll order us some takeout." I say as I grab out my phone.

We wait for a while before our food comes. I get a notification on my phone.
"Food's here." I say. I stand up and Y/N looks at me with puppy dog eyes. "Come on." I say with a smirk. I pick her up koala style and carry her downstairs to our front door. I take the food and pay the delivery guy.
"Thanks." I mutter before going to the kitchen. "Do you wanna eat down here or in our room?" I ask.
"In our room." She replies.

Y/N POV:
Nat carries me up to our room. She spoke to some of the others on the way but I wasn't in the mood to talk so I rested my head onto her shoulder. We get to our room and she places me down and pulls the covers over me. I smile and she gives me my food, returning the smile. She gets in next to me and gets her food. We spend the rest of the night watching TV.

I wake up the next morning to an awake Nat.
"Morning Tasha." I say as I look up at her.
"Morning котенок." She says as she kisses my forehead. She looks exhausted.
"Did you even sleep?" I ask her.
"I couldn't." She admits.
"I'm sorry." I say as I break eye contact.
"Don't say that. Don't say you're sorry, there's no need to be." She says as she guides my face with her fingers to look at me. I hug her.
"I love you." I say.
"I love you more." She says.
"Not possible." I reply as I press a gentle kiss onto her lips.
"What do you want to do today?" She asks.
"Can we go to the library? I read that book you gave me for Christmas already." I say.
"Of course. That was quick." She says.

"It was really good. You know me so well." I say with a smile.

We get dressed and go downstairs to get breakfast before we go out.
"Hey Y/N, how are you feeling?" Tony asks.
"I'm fine." I say with a slight smile.
"She's not." Nat says.
"I am." I say as I fill 2 bowls up with cereal. Nat shakes her head at Tony, trying to be secretive, but she notices that I noticed and she just smirks at me.

During eating, most of the team come and go, asking how I am. Carol, Wanda and I talk for a while whilst Nat talks to Clint, her hand always resting on my leg to make sure I was safe. Whilst talking to Carol and Wanda, they remind me that we have to do our college work online. I'm already super behind which isn't great.

After eating, me and Nat go upstairs and change. We go to her car and drive to the library, her hand remaining, as always, on my leg.

"How many books do you want?" She asks as we walk around, hand in hand.
"3 maybe, I don't want to get distracted because I have to start doing my college work." I say as we get into my favourite section.
"We should get you a new laptop, your one has that thing on the screen." Nat says as she wraps her hands around me from behind, laying her head on my shoulder as I scan the shelfs.
"I think it's fine." I say.
"We'll go and get it after you pick your books." She says.
"You're not letting us go back home until we get one, are we?" I ask."Nope." She says with a big smile.

I pick out 4 books in the end and we get back into Nat's car. She drives us to best buy and we look through the laptops.
"This one looks good." Nat says as she pulls my attention towards one of the newest models.
"It's $2400." I say.
"Yeah, but it has all the things you need. I'll get it." She says.
"What?!" I exclaim a little too loudly. "You're crazy." I say as I shake my head. "I'm gonna get this one." I say as I point to a cheaper one.
"Come on." She says as she picks up a box and takes it to the till.
"Tasha! Get back here." I say as I follow her in a fast walk. She pays as quick as she can and says thank you, walking out to her car. I follow her trying not to look weird. "Why did you do that, you're crazy." I say as I reach her car.
"The least you could do is say thank you." She says with a smile.
"Thank you." I sigh in defeat. I kiss her and then we head back to the compound.

We go back to our room and set up my new laptop. Nat starts laughing at me because I can't figure it out.

"Stopppp." I groan sarcastically. She just laughs more.
"I'm sorry baby." She says, trying to contain her laughter. I finally figure it out and sign into all of my classes and sigh at the amount of work.
"This will be fun." I say with a tight lipped face. Nat laughs at me again. "You're mean." I say.
"You're funny."

A/N: So, I wore the dress. It's very see through but ima get some shorts :)

Yesterday at school I was airdropping an image to my mate but his phone didn't show up so I airdropped it to someone else cuz I thought it was one of the kids in my room. T'was not. T'was a teacher. BUT she declined a picture of Nat :/

Anyway, hope you enjoyed this chapter, have a good day and remember to take care of yourself <3

I should probably be studying for my tests, I have like 2 tomorrow, but this is better :)