Chapter 73

Natasha POV:
"Yelena lost the ring and I have no idea what to do." I ramble to Clint after entering his room.
"What if she finds it?" he asks.
"I hope she does." I reply.
"I mean Y/N." he answers.
"Shit. Shit. Shit." I mutter running out of the room. No. No. No. NO. If she finds this damn ring it'll be terrible. No.
"Get Y/N out of the tower pronto." I demand Wanda and Carol.
"Why? I thought it was Thursday?" Wanda asks.
"Yelena lost the ring." I mutter.
"Oh no." they say in unison.
"Go!" I yell. Maybe I shouldn't lose my temper like this but I'm worrying out of my mind. No. She can't find it.

Y/N POV:
"Why did I have to come? I was just about to find Tasha." I ask. Wanda and Carol have just dragged me out of the tower to go to the library. I love the library, of course, but I can't be bothered to go out.
"Because you can't be there right now." Carol replies.
"What the hell do you mean by that?" I ask, confused.
"Nothing. We just need you out of the tower." she says. What the hell?
"We need good book recommendations." Wanda butts in, focusing on the road.

Natasha POV:
"Okay. Clint, Steve, you're looking in the living room. Tony, Yelena, the kitchen. Thor, Sam and Bucky you search the bathrooms. And I'll panic somewhere." I mutter the last part walking away.
"I thought you were panicking somewhere?" Yelena asks as I enter the kitchen.
"I was. But then I panicked more. I need to help look." I say, starting to search for this goddamn ring.
"Where are mom and dad?" she asks.
"They went out sightseeing. Search!" I say.

Y/N POV:
"Ugh. I need to talk to nat about something, can we go back already?" I ask. We've been looking in the library for hours.
"Nope." Carol says. "It's not like she's gonna break up with you if you're gone for a few hours." she laughs then Wanda hits her, shooting her a look.
"What was that?" I ask, stopping in my tracks.
"Nothing!" Wanda exclaims.
"She's gonna break up with me." I mutter. I can't believe this. Is there anything I've done that would make her want to break up with me? Maybe I'm too clingy. Or I'm not good at sex. Or her parents don't like me. That's it. They didn't like me and now she's gonna break up with me.
"Hey! Earth to Y/N!" Wanda exclaims, waving a hand in my face, breaking me from my thoughts.
"My girlfriend, whom I love dearly, is breaking up with me and you didn't tell me." I reply. What the fuck. No. No. No. NO. This can't happen. My whole life involves this relationship. I won't be able to go to work. I won't be able to live at the tower. Was this new apartment for nothing? Oh no. No. I walk out of the library and take the keys that Wanda had me hold earlier out of my pocket and get into the car. I hear two car doors open then slam but I can't think about anything but Nat- Natasha... If she breaks up with me it'll have to be Natasha.
"That's not what we were saying Y/N!" Carol says.
"Come on Y/N! We still need a book." Wanda says.

I drive the whole way back to the tower and don't even bother to park the car. I get out and run to the elevator and go to me and Nat's apartment floor. I check the whole place to no avail and head downstairs.

Natasha POV:
"I've got it! I've got it!" Sam rushes in, holding the ring, but he trips and lands on his knee in front of Bucky with the ring still in hand. Proposing position. Wanda and Carol had previously run in but were too out of breath to say anything. Y/N walks through the door and sees the scene in front of us. Oh no. Oh no. She looks upset. What the hell happened? She stands, staring at the scene in front of us. Sam quickly gets off his knee and pockets the ring.
"Natasha, I need to speak to you." she says. Oh god. Why the hell is she using my full name?!
"What's up baby?" I ask as she walks over to me. She grabs my hand, leading me into the storage closet that I previously dragged Yelena into.
"Carol said you're breaking up with me. Are you?" I ask. What the hell Carol?! God. At least she didn't find out about the proposal. A tear drops down Y/N's cheek, I try to wipe it but she swats my hand away.
"No! Of course not!" I reply, outraged.
"Why would she say such a thing?" she asks.
"I don't know! I promise that I would never do such a thing. I don't have a reason to." I answer, looking into her eyes.
"Your parents don't like me? Or the fact I'm clingy!? Or that I'm not sex!?" she suggests.
"My parents love you. And I'm just as clingy as you. It's one thing I love about you. And the sex with you is phenomenal!" I reply, finally wiping the forever rolling tears away from her cheeks with my thumbs as I hold her face.
"You're not breaking up with me?" she asks, sniffling a little.
"No baby." I say, pulling her into a tight hug. I have to do this tonight- I want to do this tonight. I can't wait any longer.
"Why the hell was Sam proposing to Bucky?" Y/N asks after a moment.
"I have no idea." I lie with a chuckle. "You ready to go back out there?" I ask.
"Yeah." she replies and we leave the closet.

Yelena POV:
"Sorted?" I ask as Natasha and Y/N walk out of the closet. Y/N walks straight past everyone and over to Wanda and Carol, taking them out of the room. She sure likes to do that.
"She thought I was gonna break up with her. I decided I'm going to do it tonight. I don't wanna wait." she responds.
"So.. you need help with that?" Clint asks with a proud smile.
"Lots." she replies.

A/N: WHOFehEIOFHUGEIB IT'S HAPPENING Y'ALL!

Okay so I'm fucking hyped for the next chapter so I'll probs write it now.

It'll probably be a let down so don't get too hyped.

Idk what I'm gonna do after I finish this book, I loved this concept so much that it was the reason I started writing properly. I didn't even think I was gonna publish it when I first started writing it. Thank you all so fuckin much for the support.

I'm auditioning for a play on monday so wish me well lmao.

I'll see you in the next chapter my loves<3

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Take care of yourself<3!!