Candies | Part Eight

Jeongguk was 15 years old when he had his first tiny pimple popped up on his cheek

Jeongguk was 15 years old when he had his first tiny pimple popped up on his cheek. Pale, full cheeks which were always adorned with bright, glinty glisten of innocence and childishness, now had a tiny bright pink spot on the left cheek, right in the centre--beside his button nose.

And somehow he felt too shy, and hesitant to face people--more like Taehyung who kept knocking on the door of his room, wanting to know why his gukkie was hiding away from him since yesterday. The little boy kept worrying about what he himself did to upset his gukkie who wouldn't even look at him whenever he caught the other in the living room.

Even when he asked gukkie's mom, she only replied with a 'he's just going through some phase tete, he'll be back soon..'. And maybe that resulted in Taehyung to believe that it wasn't only because of him that his gukkie was hiding away.

So now, standing in the middle of the play ground where he, jimin, yoongi and some of jimin's friends were playing dodgeball, he kept shouting for his Yoonz who just wouldn't focus on the game just like he usually does.

"this is stupid, Yoonz! At this speed i don't think we'd be able to win against hyunjin's team!" he shouted again at the shorter boy nodded before going back to his spot--where he stood beside jimin.

"oh cmon taehyungie.. Your players are only downgrading in their skills, just admit that my players are finer than yours--I promise I'll give you a reward if you accept your defeat--" hyunjin's boyish smooth voice came from the other side of net where the older boy had a smirk adorning his face--one of the sharp feline eyes winked at the younger.

And Seokjin wasn't that naive to not notice how jeongguk's bestfriend was going through his puberty stage and how he had developed a crush on his younger brother who still seemed oblivious to these stuff.

Hyunjin's smart advances towards Taehyung didn't go unnoticed by Seokjin and his best friend Namjoon who was much smarter than Seokjin himself. They had been noticing Hyunjin's winks, or finding ways to play with their little one kept on increasing since the last month--and both came to realisation that maybe he had discovered his flourishing crush on Taehyung.

"Do not get too confident hyunie, yoonz might shatter your hopes in minute pieces.." the younger one replied, before showing a thumbs-up to Yoongi who immediately decided to get back on his best friends hopes.

"aww, then will I have your shoulder to cry on taehyungie?" hands folded over his chest, feline eyes gazing at the younger who only rolled his eyes before faking a bright boxy grin at his gukkie's best friend.
"sure hyunie, might offer you a candy too.."

And as if he didn't just made the older boy's cheeks flush with bright pink, he immediately catched the ball which yoongi just passed on to him, later throwing it right on Hyunjin's face who still stood stiff on his place--heart still beating a little erratically.

"ouch--" a yelped resonated between all of them as they immediately surrounded the boy who stumbled upon the tiny stone because of the ball's impact, resulting in him to fall on the ground - - embarrassed as hell.