Candies | Part Thirty Four

It was moving

It was moving. No not Taehyung or his insides but the place around him was moving. Don't blame him or take him as someone who's fine insane but he remembers freaking out so much that he couldn't find the strength in his body to keep standing or give any such reaction upon hearing those words—those dreadful words.

He felt—how Seokjin was hysterically crying; just as much freaked out as Taehyung was but over that, his little brother too fainted without even thinking about him—and there he was alone to experience going alone in the cab to the hospital where the man on the call had called him.

He laid taehyung's head on his lap; praying all of journey for his mother to be fine and their life to not have turned upside down but that wasn't possible—

Taehyung was scared. He was threatened and so fearful of what they were going to see or what was going to happen n the next fifteen minutes as they walked past the nurses and doctors in the hospital. His wrist was firmly held by his brother who kept taking wide strides as one the doctors leaded them on.

It was confusing; bewildering as if his mind couldn't comprehend the situation at all. Him and his brother hadn't spoken a single word to each other since the moment they received that phone call.

And even if he wants to talk—he couldn't find the words and strength both seeing how shocked and terrified his brother looked.

It took quite a few minutes for them to stop walking as the doctor ahead of them had turned around; speaking to his brother. Although he could hear, he couldn't understand—but the only words he could process were—

"You can't take this kid inside—"

"Why? He's my brother!"

"Because he's a kid and...the body isn't quite easy to watch Mr Kim—"

"He's her son!"

"We know but you should understand; the sight is going to be gruesome for him to process—it's better if you leave him here; I'll look after him."

And within the next moment; Seokjin was going away—leaving him behind with this stranger who kept looking at him with those pitiful, sad eyes as he softly told him to sit on the nearby by bench and even if he didn't want to—he had to because he know he'd fall the next minute because of the uneasiness he feels in his chest and lack of power in his body.

He stares at nothing—nothing in particular at least. Stiff body and foregone senses; he breathes as slow as he can because certainly his lungs are failing to breathe as normal as possible.

The doctor beside him is accompanied by another man who stares at him before questioning the doctor about him. They are not even subtle about it—their pitiful gazes are making Taehyung's skin crawl.

"Such a pity, young boy lost his mother too soon.."

"Isn't that normal these days? We get 100 cases per day.."