Candies | Part Thirty Seven

It's been a week; or more than a week? Taehyung isn't sure because hell he hasn't left his home at all

It's been a week; or more than a week? Taehyung isn't sure because hell he hasn't left his home at all. No school or no more roaming around with his friends; the bed in his mother's room is like—his most favourite place at the moment.

Even Seokjin has been sleeping with him in her bed. Although Seokjin isn't really back to his usual self—and who the hell is he kidding—even his own existence feels like it's lacking something in general, let it be his mum's soft voice or those lovely hugs and cuddles from her—Taehyung just realised how much of a baby he was to her.

He hadn't heard a sixteen year old cuddling their mother or missing their embrace; maybe it's a shame or maybe it's his silly behaviour but he swears he'd never forget how his mother's hugs felt, how her kisses felt.

Her clothes still smell like her and he felt so nauseous when he laid his gaze on those pretty frocks and shirts because they immediately reminded him of her non-existence in the world now—thus, getting himself away from the room, he slowly began to get back into his own bed.

Sometimes with Jeongguk, or it was his Yoongi moongi who helped him sleep whilst explaining those music video theories and fanfictions about omega wolves. Jimin too dropped by every now and then—even Hyunjin comes to him almost every evening with a packet of sweet potatoes and his favourite drinks.

Jeongguk is like, the third member of their house at this point because the boy is never leaving until and unless his cruel father calls him back to shop for his leave to Canada.

And talking about his leave, Jeongguk told him that his father had applied for some university in Canada around town months ago and it was his absolutely amazing grades that helped him get into the university smoothly.

So basically, Jeongguk said he'd leave in a month and half. Although it's hard and unacceptable for Taehyung to watch his most important person go away, probably thousands of miles away but then he remembers the promises Jeongguk made with him.

He hasn't stepped out of the house since a while and that's the reason why he was here, in a convenient store—all alone and wrapped in his favourite black padded jacket because it's chilled as fuck and his body feels like an ice whenever he steps out of his apartment.

Seems like winter has arrived.

It's almost 9pm and his stomach is crumbling with the hunger he's been bearing since the afternoon. He feels like shit—an absolute joke with those two hundred won in his pocket.

He doesn't wants to use these last bit of money because it might be the last ones his mother handed to him. And he can't even ask Seokjin for money because the older brother has already been looking for jobs just so he could look after himself and his little brother.

It doesn't sits right with him, not at all—to se who's brother looking for jobs just so he could look after Taehyung and himself. Taehyung should do something too right? He shouldn't be a burden on his brother; his mother wouldn't be happy.