chapter 1

Y/n had finally made it to the meadow, Y/n and...his meadow.

She bent down running her fingers over the small tufts of grass.

She felt a gush of wind and slowly looked up. She couldn't believe it. Laurent was standing a distance away from her, looking at her like she was a meal, Y/n slowly stood up.

"Laurent!" She said surprised.

Laurent tilted his head to the side like a confused puppy. "Y/n?" he asked.

Y/n couldn't believe he actually remembered her. "You remember me then." Y/n grinned.

Laurent grinned back at her. "I didn't expect to see you here." He slowly walked toward her.

Y/n gave a little chuckle "Isn't it the other way around? I do live here. I thought you went to Alaska."

Laurent stepped about 10 paces away from her, tilting his head to the side again.

"You're right, I did go to Alaska. Still, I didn't expect... When I found the Cullen place empty, I thought they'd moved on."

Of course he was here to see them... "Oh." Y/n bit her lip trying to stop herself from crying. She let out a shaky breath. "They did move on."

Laurent looked as if he was thinking. "Hmm, I'm surprised they left you behind. Weren't you sort of a pet of theirs?"

Y/n looked down at the floor and scoffed. "Something like that."

Something suddenly clicked as Y/n slowly looked up at Laurent, looking into his eyes properly for the first time. The Denali's were vegetarian vampires, and if Laurent stayed with them, and was doing the animal diet, shouldn't his eyes be golden, or at the least an amber colour. Instead his eyes were bright red, the same as the last time she had seen him.

Y/n gasped and took a cautious step back. Laurent took a step forward.

"Do they visit often?" He casually asked.

Y/n suddenly heard Edward's velvety voice right next to her. "Lie!"

Y/n jumped and let out a little squeak at the voice, but she did what the illusion asked of her Without hesitation. "Yeah of course, now and again."

Laurent smiled "The house smelled like it had been vacant for a long time..."

Y/n heard the voice again. "Come on Y/n, you have to lie better."

Y/n was trying her best. "I'll have to let them know that you stopped by to see them. They'll be sorry they missed your visit...But I probably shouldn't say anything about it to....Edward, I guess....he has a bad temper...but I guess you remember that...cause of what happened with James."

"Is he really, are you sure?"

Y/n decided to try changing the subject. "So how are things working out in Denali? Carlisle said you were staying with Tanya and her family?"

Laurent nodded his head "Ah, yes I like Tanya very much, and her sister Irina even more, I've never stayed in one place for so long before, and I enjoy the advantages, the novelty of it. But, the restrictions are rather difficult...honestly I'm surprised any of them can keep it up for as long as they do...Sometimes I cheat a little bit."

Oh god...no. Y/n gulped, she slowly started stepping backwards. "Jasper has problems with that, too."

The voice was back "Don't move!"

Laurent spoke. "Really? Is that why they left?"

It felt like Y/n's throat was closing up. "No, Jasper is more careful at home."