part 26

Kate's POV

We quickly left the house running into the woods. Y/n ran off ahead of me, she looked so happy and care free. I ran off ahead, as she got closer I grabbed her around the waist. "Close your eyes." Once Y/n had her eyes closed, I gently turned her around. That's when we both heard the doe in the meadow.

Y/n's eyes snapped open, ready to hunt. We both hid near a boulder, climbing on top of it. Y/n looked to me and I nodded encouragingly. The wind blew and a scent assaulted our noses, oh god no...a human...

Y/n stood up and started breathing heavily...I smelt the blood, when I looked over at Y/n she growled. "Y/n don't!" It was no use she took off running. When I caught up to her she was half way up the cliff, making her way to the oblivious climber.

I quickly stopped her before she could go any further "Y/n stop, I'm sorry I didn't realise there would be people this far from the trail." Y/n looked up at the climber. I could see the battle raging behind her eyes. "I have to get out of here!" I held my hand out to her.

"Okay I can help you." Y/n looked at me, ran and jumped of the edge of the cliff. I looked down smiling. "Or not."

I found Y/n stalking the doe, we both looked over to see a mountain lion ready to pounce. Y/n looked pissed. As the mountain lion lunged for the doe, Y/n lunged at the same time wrestling the mountain lion to the ground, shoving it on it's back, Y/n pushed it's face into the ground. Y/n lunged forward sinking her teeth into it's flesh.

Y/n's POV

We made our way back to the house hand in hand, Kate talking to you as we walked. "I'm amazed, you ran away from human blood, you made hunt, even mature vampires have problems with that." That made me feel proud.

You looked up as you heard the front door to the house close.

Leah...she came bounding down the steps meeting you both half way, though keeping her distance. You smiled. "You're still here." Leah smiled back. "So are you, I didn't expect you to seem so...you, except for the creepy eyes." Leah took a few steps towards you.

Younput your hand out in front of you. "I would keep my distance for now." Leah spoke. "It's safer for the baby to see how you do with me first." Now yiu was really confused. "Since when do you care about Charlie?"

You saw Leah quickly glance to Kate, before looking back to you.

Leah stepped closer. "Alright, take a whiff." You stepped closer to Leah inhaling. You cringed. "Well I can see what everyone's been talking about, Leah you really do stink."

You all laughed. Kate put her arm around you and you leaned into her side. Kate spoke up. "Do you wanna come meet our daughter?" Leah ran off ahead of you both, with the two of you following behind her.

You went upstairs to see the family waiting for you. Everyone greeting you as you walked further into the room. Kate spoke "Rose..." Rosalie turned round holding the most precious baby...Charlie...Rosalie placed Charlie into your arms. Leah looked tense.

You looked down at the little baby in your arms, mesmerised. Charlie smiled up at you. Charlie lifted her hand resting it on your cheek. You saw yourself as a human... you blinked as she moved her hand away and let it fall to her side. "What was that?" Kate smiled. "She showed you the first memory she has of you." "Showed me how?" Kate laughed. "How do I electrocute people? How does Alice see the future? She's gifted." You gently put your thumb on Charlie's bottom lip, showing you the inside of her mouth...You could see teeth... "I've only been out for 2 days." you looked anxiously around the room. Tanya spoke up. "She's growing fast."

Leah stepped around Rosalie. "Alright, that's enough experimenting for one day." Leah reached over to take Charlie. Kate snapped at her. "Leah, she's doing great!" Leah looked over to her "Yeah, let's not push it though!" You looked at Leah, frowning. Leah looked to you. What the hell was going on. "What's your problem?!"

Rosalie grinned from behind Leah. "Oh, do tell her Leah." Emmett spoke up from the other side of the room, grinning. "This should be good." Kate spoke from next to you. "Hold on a sec, Y/n." You let Kate take Charlie from your arms. Rosalie stepped around yoi. Leah looked tense. "Look, it's a wolf thing..." You was getting pissed. "What's a wolf thing?!" Rosalie took Charlie from Kate and went to stand next to Carmen. Leah looked at you. "Ermm...you know we have no control over it, and we can't choose who it happens with, and it doesn't mean what you think Y/n, I promise." Kate put her hand on your shoulder. "Take Charlie out of the room, Kate don't touch me right now I don't want to hurt you." Kate removed her hand from your shoulder.

You grabbed Leah by the scruff of the neck and dragged her outside.