part 20

Leah's POV

I walked further into the woods so that the other bloodsuckers wouldn't hear us.

I stopped and turned to face Kate, crossing my arms over my chest and leaning against a tree. I spoke first "I always knew he'd destroy her." Kate nodded but started speaking. "She thinks Tanya can turn her at the last minute." I tilted my head "Can she?" Kate looked down. "The probability is...slight...if her heart fails...look Leah I need you to do something for me.." I scoffed and rolled my eyes. Kate tried again. "For her...you have a connection with her, that I'll never understand...maybe you could talk to her...change her mind...you can keep her alive." I sighed. "And if I can't?" Kate looked me in the eye. "Well if she dies...you can kill me..."

I walked back inside to go talk to Y/n. Rosalie cut me off again. God she was getting annoying. We both stood staring at Y/n. Y/n looked at Rosalie before speaking. "Rose I'm fine, really." Rosalie looked at me before leaving the room. I raised my eye brow before making my way to Y/n.

I sat in the chair opposite Y/n, removing my coat and putting it behind me. Y/n was the first to speak. "So Kate sent you in here to talk to me?" I smiled. "Sorta, though I can't figure out why she thinks you'd listen to me, I mean you never have before." Y/n chuckled. I smiled sadly at my best friend.

I pointed behind me "Since when are you and blondie BFF's"

"Rose understands what I want." I nodded. "What are you thinking Y/n? Seriously?"

"I know this seems like a scary thing, but it's not." Y/n put her hand on her stomach. "It's like this miracle or something, I can feel him." I scoffed. "So it's a bouncing baby boy, I'm sorry I didn't know, should have brought some blue balloons." Y/n smiled. "It's just a guess, when I picture him, I see a boy, we'll see."

I sat forward slightly in the chair. "You won't." "Lee I can do this, I'm strong enough." I stood up, I couldn't stay sitting any longer. "Come on, you can spout that crap to your bloodsucker but you can't fool me, I can see what that thing's doing to you, it's a killer Y/n!" Y/n shook her head.

I went and sat down again. I needed to try again. "Listen to me Y/n, please, don't do this live okay, please?" Y/n reached for my hand. "Lee everything's gonna be okay." I thought I was going to cry, I pulled my hand away, grabbed my coat and stood up, slowly walking away.

Y/n called me back. "Leah don't go!" I turned back around. "I know how this ends, and I'm not sticking around to watch." I turned away and walked out the house, slamming the door behind me.