part 22

Leah's POV

I ran until I got near the house, phased back and changed. I walked to the house and stopped when I saw Kate walk onto the balcony. "Get ready they're coming for Y/n." Kate shook her head. "They're not going to touch her." I nodded. "Agreed."

I walked inside the house. Y/n was asleep upstairs. I sat down, everyone else doing the same. I got right to it, looking at everyone while I spoke. "Sam's lost the element of surprise, and he doesn't want to take you on out numbered, so his not gonna come at you head on, his got the place surrounded and he'll wait for his opportunity."

Emmett was the one to speak. "Well he won't get through without a fight."

Tanya shook her head. "No fights, we won't be the ones to break the treaty."

I spoke up. "The treaty is void, at least in Sam's mind." Alice spoke up. "Not in ours"

Emmett stepped forward. "Tanya, no one's hunted for weeks." Everyone looked around at each other until Alice spoke "We'll make do." Jasper looked like he was going to kill someone. Emmett looked tense. Tanya turned back to me. "You've done us a great service Leah, thank you." I nodded my head.

I stepped outside for some fresh air to see my little brother waiting for me. "What the hell are you doing here?!" Seth looked pleased with himself. "I left Sam's pack" I rolled my eyes. "Go home Seth." Seth scoffed. "I won't stand behind him" I stepped forward. "Oh yes you will, I'm not kidding, get out of here" Seth frowned. "Is that an order? Gonna make me bow down too?" I sighed. "I'm not ordering anyone, look I'm just going off on my own here okay?" Seth smiled. "Great, and I've got your back." I was getting mad "No you DON'T! If Sam comes after Y/n, are you really ready to fight your own brothers?" Seth looked me right in the eye before saying. "If it's the right thing to do."

I looked off into space. "Whatever, do what you want." I walked near the water, trying to clear my mind. I heard Seth follow behind me. "How call is this? Sibling pack, siblings against the world." I groaned. "Getting on my nerves Seth." Seth laughed. "I'll shut up, can do?" This was going to be torture.

I spun around when I heard twigs snap, to see Jacob. "Man I can smell them from all the way out here." I growled. "What the hell are you doing here?!" Jacob looked to Seth. "I'm not gonna let my little friend get himself killed." Seth frowned at Jacob. "Go away Jacob, I can take care of myself." Jacob rolled his eyes. "Yeah you think so proves you need a babysitter."

I rolled my eyes, they were worse than 2 year olds. "Okay will the both of you shut up?" They both looked at me. "Did Sam send you?" Jake looked at me. "Sam doesn't even know I left." We turned when we heard wolves howling in the distance. Seth spoke. "I think he just figured it out."

Seth went inside and I stayed outside with Jake. "I know they're out there somewhere, but I can't hear them anymore, it's so quiet." Jacob spoke. "I stopped hearing them too, the second I decided to leave, it's nice"

I turned to Jacob. "You know you can't stay here."

"But I don't have any place t-"

"I can't trust you with the Denali's and the few Cullen's, you hate them too much, you don't even like me."

Jacob turned to face me. "I don't have to, I just have to follow you."

I turned to face him, exasperated. "Look Seth doesn't want you here, and neither do I."

Jacob scoffed. "Being unwanted isn't exactly a new thing for me, look I'll stay out of your way, I'll do whatever you want, except go back to Sam's pack and be the pathetic ex - boyfriend who keeps thinking about Emily, you don't know how many times I wished I could imprint on someone...anyone."

I spoke. "Just to break the connection?" Jake nodded. I turned to face him. "Alright, I'm gonna do a perimeter run, you got my flank?" Jake nodded and we went off running.