part 37

Your POV

The next day you were all gathered, waiting for the arrival of the Volturi. You was at the front with Charlie holding your hand and Kate on her other side. Rosalie and Emmett were standing together not too far away from you. Garrett was standing with Tanya, Irina, Carmen and Eleazar which is good because if he tried coming over here you'd kill him yourself....

You looked off in the distance to see the Volturi approaching. You heard Garrett "The red coats are coming...the red coats are coming." For god sake couldn't he shut up.... Kate spoke up. "I think Aro's looking for Alice."

You heard the wolves howling in the distance, Leah came and stood on my other side, Charlie leaned round me and smiled at Leah.

Eleazar took a step forward. "Aro, let us discuss things as we used to, in a civilised manner." Aro smiled. "Fair words Eleazar, but a little out of place, given the little army you've assembled against us." Eleazar tried again. "I can promise you, that was never my intent, no laws have been broken."

Caius looked pissed. "We see the child, do not treat us as fools!" Eleazar spoke louder "She is not an immortal! These witnesses can attest to that, or you can look, see the flush of human blood in her cheeks." Caius snapped. "Artifest!" Aro raised his hand to silence Caius. "I will collect facet of the truth from someone more central to the story...Kate as the child clings to the newborn vampire, I assume you are involved." Aro stepped forward holding his hand out. Kate kissed Charlie on the head and smiled at you before walking over to Aro.

You tried to stretch your shield out to protect her, but she was too far away and it snapped back. You gently pushed Charlie onto your other side so she was between you and Leah.

Aro took Kate's hand and you watched as his eyes fluttered, you saw a grin spread. Kate pulled her hand away. Aro looked intrigued. "I'd like to meet her."

Kate slowly turned to look at you. You took Charlie's hand and slowly started to walk forward, Leah walking next to you. You stopped, looking back at Emmett, silently asking him to come with you all. He looked at Rosalie before following behind.

You stood next to Kate, staring Aro down. Aro let out a weird and creepy high pitched laugh before saying. "I hear her strange heart..." Charlie looked up at you, silently asking for permission. You nodded at her and she walked the few steps towards Aro. Leah let out a little growl. Aro bent down his hand extended to her. Charlie spoke. "Hello Aro." Charlie looked at Aro's hand and placed her hand on his cheek. Aro's eyes fluttered in amazement. "Magnifico..."

Aro slowly rose to a standing position. You leant forward and gently pulled Charlie back to your side. Aro started talking. "Half mortal, half immortal, conceived and carried by this new born while she was still human." Caius looked out raged. "Impossible!" Aro spun towards Caius glaring. "Do you think they fooled me brother?"

Leah snapped in Aro's direction and you and Kate quickly took Charlie walking half way and stopping. You just needed to be away from them. Caius tilted his head "Bring the informer forward."

Caius pointed to Charlie. "Is that the child you saw?!" Carlisle looked confused. "I'm not sure..." Caius tilted his head towards Jane. "Jane?" Before Jane could use her gift Carlisle started talking. "She's changed, this child is bigger!" Caius didn't look happy. "Then your allegations were false." Carlisle looked sad as he looked at everyone and his old coven members. "The Denali's are innocent, I take full responsibility for my mistake." With that Felix ripped Carlisle apart and Caius set him on fire. Aro and Caius looked around at all of us...clearly they were expecting us to try and start a fight...

When that didn't work Jane looked at Kate and sent her to the floor screaming in pain. You let your shield out enveloping everyone on your side. Kate stood up and took hold of your hand, you gave her hand a gentle squeeze. Aro looked confused as did Jane. You smirked at Jane, she took a step towards you only to be stopped by Alec.

Alec was about to use his gift before Aro stopped him. Eleazar looked to Aro. "Aro you see there's no law broken here." Aro smiled. "Agreed, but does it then follow that there is no danger, for the first time in our history humans pose a threat to our kind, there modern technology has given birth to weapons that could destroy us, maintaining our secret has never been more imperative, in such perilous times, only the known is safe, only the known is tolerable and we know nothing of what this child will become, can we live with such uncertainty, spare ourselves a fight today only to die tomorrow."

You heard footsteps in the distance. Kate turned "Alice..."

Alice and Jasper made they're way to the Volturi, only to be stopped by members of the guard. Aro looked delighted. "Dear Alice, so glad to see you hear after all" Alice didn't look pleased, but got right to the point. "I have evidence the child won't be a risk to our kind, let me show you"

Aro let Alice past and took her hand seeing what Alice has already seen....