part 31

Kate's POV

The next day it was decided everyone would gather witnesses to prove to the Volturi that Charlie wasn't an immortal child. Me and Y/n were going to stay home with Charlie and Leah and everyone else was going to bring witnesses back to the house.

We were in the living room while everyone else was packing. Eleazer and Carmen were going to London. I heard Carmen say to Eleazer. "At least we get to go to London again, haven't been there in a long time." Jacob came strolling into the room. "Alright lets get this show on the road..."

I followed Jacob's line of sight to see Sam walking towards the house. We all quickly went outside, while Leah stayed inside with Charlie. Sam handed a letter to Tanya. "Alice asked me to give you that, she and Jasper crossed our land to the ocean last night." Tanya looked down folding the paper in half.

Carmen spoke up. "Tanya?" Tanya looked over at Carmen before speaking. "They've left us." Rosalie stepped forward looking both shocked and pissed. "Why?" Tanya shook her head. "She didn't say."

Y/n moved from my side stepping closer to Tanya. "Can I see that?" Tanya nodded handing the letter to Y/n.

It had been a few days and everyone was back home. Each new vampire that came into the house was introduced to Charlie, who was with either me and Y/n or Rosalie and Emmett, some where hesitant but after persuasion let Charlie show them the truth.

Eleazer figured out Y/n was a shield when Zafrina was using her gift on me, she had the power to make anyone see what she wanted them to, but with Y/n holding my hand it didn't seem real. Eleazer walked over laughing. "So my hunch was correct, you're a shield Y/n."

We both looked at him confused, before Y/n spoke. "What's a shield?" I smiled. "That's the reason Edward couldn't read your mind." Eleazer looked back at her "You have a very powerful gift."

I decided to try something, I quickly grabbed Y/n's hand again trying to shock her but nothing happened. "Oh yeah, you're a shield alright, that should of put you on your ass." Y/n glared at me, I laughed winking at her "Love you babe."

Garrett spoke up from behind me. "Or maybe your voltage has been exaggerated." I turned to him smiling. "Maybe it only works on the weak." I put my hand out to him palm facing him so he could touch my hand. Garrett slowly stepped forward raising a finger towards my hand, I looked around to see everyone grinning. Carmen decided to try and save Garrett. "Garrett I wouldn't..." Garrett didn't listen, as soon as his finger touched my hand Garrett dropped to his knees in pain.

Garrett looked up at me smiling. "You are an amazing woman." I smiled back. I felt something barge into me, I looked behind me to see Y/n storming off into the house, door slamming. I looked around at everybody to see Carmen running after her.

I looked at Tanya. "What the hell was that about?"