part 34

Kate's POV

Y/n still seemed to be in a mood, I had no idea why, though Garrett following me around like a little lost puppy was starting to get on my nerves, though he was kind of cute. Eleazar spoke to the group of us. "Aro will want us incapacitated before he attacks, Jane and Alec will try and take Kate out first."

Garrett piped up next to me. "Well I ain't letting that happen!" I couldn't help roll my eyes, I saw Y/n tense out of the corner of my eye. I went to reach my hand towards her but she pulled away. I noticed Garrett smiling at the lack of interaction between me and Y/n. He piped up again before I could say anything, this time talking to Y/n. "Too bad we don't all have your shield." Y/n scoffed. "Yeah well it doesn't help me fight does it."

Tanya smiled at Y/n. "But you could help the rest of us, if you could project it." Y/n looked confused. "What do you mean?" Tanya smiled again. "I mean shield someone other than yourself." Y/n started to get excited. "Is that possible?"

Carmen spoke at this point "Gifts can be developed over time." I decided to try my luck. "At first mine was just in my palms, and now I can radiate it all over my body." Y/n looked jittery. "How do you do it?" I really didn't know how to explain it. Suddenly Y/n took my hand a bit too tightly "Ouch!"

Your POV

You went out the back with Kate, Garrett, Emmett and Leah, Alastair was in a tree near by. Kate spoke up explaining how to help you. "You have to visualize it, see how it moves, what colour it is." You noticed everyone looking so to calm down you closed your eyes. "Now picture it expanding, will it to go beyond you." You did what she said, at first it started to work but it suddenly snapped back. Kate spoke again. "I think she needs something to motivate her." What the hell was she on about? "Well come on guys I can't shock myself." Leah stepped forward.

Yoi realised what Kate was on about, stepping forward. "No!" Leah smiled. "Don't worry Y/n I can take it." Garrett spoke. "She says that now." God you really wanted to punch him. Emmett spoke from next to him. "Focus Y/n, or she's gonna be hurting."

Leah took a step towards Kate. You had to stop this. "Leah I'm not ready to do this ye-" Too late Kate shocked Leah, who went crashing to the ground. Leah got up scowling at you. "I'm sorry I said I wasn't ready." Emmett spoke up. "Girl, you're not motivating her!" Leah turned on him. "You wanna try?" Emmett put his hands up in surrender, stepping back.

You tried pushing your shield out towards Leah again. Kate grabbed Leah's neck shocking her, sending Leah screaming to the floor. You was getting really pissed now. "KATE!"

Kate smiled at you. "You seem to lack incentive, should I go see if Charlie's awake?" You took a step closer scowling, what the fuck is wrong with her?! "Are you crazy?!" Kate took a step closer to Leah, holding her hand up. "Alright this one's on full power."

Leah scowled at you. You calmed down, closing your eyes. Yoi opened your eyes to see a pained look on Leah's face, but she was still standing. Leah's expression relaxed, and Kate removed her hand. "It's painful, but it's bearable."

You grinned. "Okay, we should go again." Leah jumped back. "Emmett?" Emmett looked around before stepping back. "Oh...I'm good..."