First Day at Work

Shivya reached home with just two thoughts. First if she will get the job. She did sound very confident and even mentioned to Maaran himself that she would get selected. Yet she felt nervous. Second is about Maaran. She found him a mystery. She doesn’t usually get curious about everyone but this  man really kicked her curiousity. For the moment she just shrugged off the thoughts and went inside her home and plopped on the couch. Her parents came and asked her about the interview. Shivya started explaining everything what happened and about the morning incident.

It was night, Shivya stood in the terrace and witnessed the shining moon along with the twinkling stars accompanying it. She forgot everything else and relaxed as she gazed at the beautiful sky inhaling the peace  the cold breeze blew. She sat in front of her laptop and starting watching her kdramas as she was jobless at the moment. A notification popped and she opened it. It was an email from MK Group of Companies. She sat straight and opened the mail and read it. Her lips curved into a smile that reached her eyes and let out the breath she has been holding  after reading “Congratulations! You are selected. Welcome to MK Group of companies.” She jumped from her seat and rushed down to share the good news to her parents and brother. She was very happy.

The alarm rang disturbing Shivya’s sleep.  It was her first day at work she needed to get ready and be early or atleast on time. She got ready and bid bye to her family and left for office. As she entered the office, she saw everyone was gathered and a commotion was going on. She could not see properly as it was crowded and secondly she was short. She tiptoed but still it was not possible. She walked further and somehow got herself a peek and saw Maaran yelling at an employee. “You betrayed us. We all trusted you but you gave away information to our enemy, AR Group of companies.” Maaran slapped him and Shivya gasped. “You are fired.”Maaran glared at everyone there and immediately the rest went. Shivya wanted to move but then saw Maaran and just stood there.

~~~

Maaran’s anger was at peak. AR Group of Companies, the only company he despised. He did not want any connections with them, that’s why he never considered any deals with them. Business was not just the reason. The CEO of AR Group of Companies, Arya Ramakrishna and Maaran had a personal war, well he was the reason for everything that happened three years ago. Maaran stood there rooted to the ground as all the memories bubbled across his mind. Frustrated he just punched the edge of the wall and injured his hand. The cut was deep and blood oozed out from his knuckles. Yet he still had an emotionless face.
Shivya who stood there saw what just happened and her eyes widened at his state. Without thinking about anything she ran and held his hand and looked at him in the eyes, which conveyed so much pain and yearning, and said “Are you mad? I get that you are angry but that doesn’t mean you have to hurt yourself.” Maaran jerked as soon as he felt a touch. His eyes met Shivya’s eyes. He saw them filled with concern. He doesn’t like strangers holding his hand but he did not feel any anger, instead loved the concern he was getting. He let Shivya drag him and she made him sit. She rushed and asked for the first aid kit. She came back and started cleaning his wound and told the receptionist to call a doctor. Maaran has been injuring himself, to let out his frustration and anger. He thinks that's the only way. But when he is injured there is no one else for him take care of him or treat his wound. For the first time someone cared for him after everything that happened apart from Rishi.. Everyone around the office were shocked to see Maaran’s behavior, most importantly Rishi. He was glad that he is not reacting. 

Maaran kept looking at Shivya, the way she  took care of his wound and how her eyes was flooding with concern. The doctor cleaned the wound and was going to put an injection. Maaran’s mind flashed how his mother holds his hand every time he gets an injection and him chuckling at her reaction. His trance was broken when he felt a soft hand holding his shoulder and tapping him to calm him. He turned to see Shivya. He melted at that time and was in the verge of crying:a person who never shed tears after he lost everything, at that moment he wanted to cry. But he didn’t, he composed himself and made him strong as he repeated “crying is for the weak.”

~~~

Shivya is afraid of injections. She does everything and makes crazy ideas to avoid them. She hasn’t still got her covid vaccine. She doesn’t even stay if the vaccine is for someone else. At that moment when she saw the injection she wanted to run away but something stopped her. She saw Maaran being lifeless though he was breathing. She did not know  what came upon at that time, but her hands involuntarily reached his shoulders and tapped him to comfort him.

~~~

Maaran was confused. He has not felt like this ever since his bitter past, he did not want this. He felt that he did not deserve it, though deep down  he wanted to feel it. The doctor left not before saying to take care of his hand. Maaran took a deep breath and told coldly, “ mind your business next time.” Shivya looked at him in disbelief. She hit her forehead with her palm and commented, “theva thaan ennaka.” She looked at Maaran who was glaring and being serious about what he told. She looked at him and said “ Aiyo sir’ey just take this as a repayment for your kindness. Okay?” Maaran raised an eyebrow questioning a ‘what?’ “Yesterday you treated my wound, today I did.”Maaran felt convinced and so nodded he’s head.

Shivya left to her cabin, it was right opposite to Maaran’s cabin. She started arranging the files and scheduling the events for the day. She knocked Maaran’s cabin door and entered as she was given permission. She started telling him the schedule for the day and finished off by saying “ dealership meeting at 1:30 pm.”  Maaran then gave her some files to arrange on the shelf. Shivya started her work and Maaran started typing on his desktop. Maaran was immersed in his work and needed a file. “Shivya I need the last month's  financial file,” he said it while working in his laptop. Shivya replied an okay and started searching for the file. She finally found it but it was at the top. She tiptoed and still couldn’t reach it. Maaran was waiting for the file to reach it’s table. He really needed it. He got angry as Shivya still did not give it to him. Annoyed he turned but started laughing as soon as he saw the scenario in front of him-Shivya jumping to reach the file. She stopped her work and turned to see Maaran laughing at her. Unknowingly she felt good when she saw him laughing, without any worries. Her lips curved into a smile but soon composed herself. “Sir’ey ongallukke konjam overa theriyalla.Sirikaathingha,” she said in stern voice. Rishi just entered and saw Maaran laughing uncontrollably. He felt immense joy looking at him. He looked at Shivya who was pouting . “Anney inga parru ne. Ennaya antha file'uh eduukha sollita enakku athu etalla, ahhna ivarra ennana sirikiraara.” Maaran stood from his chair still laughing but soon composed when Shiviya started glaring. “Enna ma ne. If you couldn’t reach you should have asked for help,” he said still trying to control his laugh. Shivya got angry and dramatically said,”are you calling me short indirectly?” I don’t need anyone’s help. I can reach it.” She tried jumping again. Maaran’s laugh annoyed her. Then she pulled the chair in front her, positioning it properly she climbed that and reached the file and gave it to Maaran and left the cabin.

Maaran said “Ms. Vaayadi,” in a low voice. While all this happened, Rishi who just stood there looking at Maaran  as he heard his friend say ‘ma’ after three years. At that moment he confirmed that Shivya was the only girl who could bring him out of his past. Maaran raised his eyebrows and asked “yen machan?” “Ma,” Rishi said. Maaran stood there confused. “Dei nee ‘ma’ sonna da. Athuvum Shivya’va koopta.” Maaran just stood there frozen. He never took his family members names or the way he addresses them, for the last three years.  He just realized that he called her ‘ma’. He has no idea why he called her that and he felt really good that he called her like that. He never regretted it. He kept thinking why? “Probably because the way she treated your wound and the way she held your shoulder,” his heart replied. Memories of his mother flashed across his mind and Shivya was similar when she took care and scolded him when his knuckles bled.

Rishi patted his shoulder and left him to think about it, as he knows what he is going through.

Ignore typos and errors!!!
Let me know how the chapter was.

Keep streaming #Aasai

It's already my favourite. Just the music gives a different feel 🥳🙌🏻