Opening About His Past

bold- past/flashback

~~~

Maaran was trying to sleep ,laying his head, on Shivya’s lap. This felt surreal. His love caressing his hair and pecking his forhead time to time.

“Ma I love you,” Maaran kept saying for the nth time. “oho yenna pa Mr.Sidumoonji’ku romance ellam vaaruthu,” she teased. Shivya loved this side of him. The carefree and the lover boy he is. The multiple love you’s from him is something Shivya can keep listening to it.

Maraan woke up and faced her. He slowly cupped her cheek with his left hand and caressed it slowly, looking into her eyes. Shivya felt shivers run down her spine to the way he caressed her cheek. Maaran slowly bought his face near her and kept looking at her lips and eyes. He further bought his face closer that led to their eyelashes to clash when they were blinking. Shivya could feel his hot breath hiting her face.Shivya’s heartbeat started increasing. She couldn’t handle the sweet  tension between them “Maaran’ey,” she stammered which came out as a whisper.

Maraan got offended when he heard Shivya say this. He loved her and the fact that she is officially his girlfriend now, he decide to tease her and to prove her that he is indeed a romantic fellow. He slowly went near her ears and whispered “Romance ellam naalave varrum,” and pecked her forehead.

He saw her flushed face. He loved those rosy cheeks and was proud that he is the one for them to be visible.

Shivya really couldn’t handle the heat that arose. She is new to intimacy.When she found that he was trying to tease her she left the breath she was holding. “Maaran’ey,” she whined and hid her face with her palms. He laughed at her flustered face and removed her palms from her face and kissed them.

He sat next to her on the bed and held her hand. Shivya understood he was going to open out,but looking at his tensed face she didn’t want to force him.

She believed any relationship shouldn’t force anyone to tell their secrets. They should tell them when they are feeling like.

“It’s okay pa. Don’t force yourself. Let’s take it slow,” she said caressing his cheek slowly.

Maraan was so grateful to god today. He lost belief in god longtime back. He has wondered many time why he was even living when everything has been snatched from him.  He has never thanked god ever, but today he was thankful to god for bringing Shivya into his life. She understood him. He didn’t make efforts to say anything, she just understood.

But today he knew he had to tell. He wanted to share it out, something he has been holding in his heart. He wanted to tell everything to her. 

Maaraan held her hand and nodded sideways, “ I want to share it with you.” Shivya nodded her head and tightened the hold.

~~~

“I was an orphan,” he opened. “Huh?” Shivya was confused. Maraan has her and her family is his. How could he say he was an orphan. Maraan took a deep breath, “I was adopted by the Kumars when I was four years old.”

Shivya did not expect this. It’s not like she is going to love him any lesser but she was shocked to know this.

He bitterly smile, “ I was just ‘Maraan’. The people in the orphanage called me like that. One day I was just going in the road and a car almost crashed. “ Ennakha athukhuappram onnum yaabhagham illa. I woke up in a hospital. Then only I saw them. They pampered me  and asked me if everything was okay.”

~~~

Devi caressed the little boy’s hair lovingly and asked “Onnum illa thaanae pa. Yen pa appadi odi vantha.” Little Maraan kept staring at them. He didn’t understand much but loved the way the lady spoke to him. He nodded his head sideways. “Ungha amma’kku call pananum, number theriyummah,” Maraan’s face fell as he asked them. “Ennakha yaarume illa,” he told in a low voice. Devi and Kumar’s face fell hearing that. They both caressed his hair and asked “engha pa irukka?” He replied “Sunshine Home.”
Devi and Kumar looked at eachother. They were on their way to visit that home. The elders smiled at eachother. “Naangha angha tha poraam. Va pa.” They took him there and spent the entire day in the home. Devi,Kumar and their little 10 years old daughter, Swetha, got along with Maraan. They were happy to see the bond between them. Swetha fed him and he went behind her calling her akka.