Going Out

It’s been three days since Shivya was brought back from the hospital. She was told to take proper rest, so Maaran told her to take leave from work for few days. Though Shivya argued saying she will come for work but he made her agree.

~~~

Maaran was in his cabin and was  looking at her cabin through the glass door.He was the one who told her to take rest and skip office for some time ,but he kind of regretted saying that to her. “Maybe should have told her to come back after a two days rest” he thought. ‘Why?Are you missing her?’ his inner voice questioned. He immediately accepted it but then realized what he just agreed to. He was surprised at his own behavior when it comes to her.

Maaran took out his phone and looked at her contact saved as ‘Miss Vaayadi’. He has never done like this. He has no idea what made him save her contact as this. It was like he was under a spell that made him do it.

He was smiling widely thinking about their first meet.

He wanted to call her,  but what’s the reason he thought to himself. ‘Ask her about her health,’ his heart helped him. Maaran made up his mind to call her and rang her up.

~~~

Shivya was resting in her bed. She is a person who cannot sit tight or stay in one place. It was a order from her whole family and Maaran, her new friend. ‘Is he a just a friend tho?’ her heart questioned her. Shivya had no answer. “Maybe I just have a crush on him,” she whispered to herself and she started thinking about his care towards her. Her trance was broken by the ringing of her phone. She just took it and answered the call without looking at the display and said “Hello.” There was silence at the other end. “Hello,” she said again. “Call pannita pesama irrukunuma , yethuka summa call pana,” she was going to cut the phone  but stopped as soon as she heard “ma” from the other end. She looked at the name ‘Mr.Sidumoonji’. She smiled widely and hit her forehead.

~~~

Maaran was very nervous at each ring. When he heard her voice he couldn’t talk.When she was going to cut the call he took up all his courage and said “ma” which ended up coming out huskily. At the moment Shivya’s heart beat instantly rose.  She didn't know how to react to that.

Unable to bear the silence Maaran asked, “ma irukiya?” “Ah, hmm,” Shivya said still trying to slow down her racing heart. She composed herself and started to talk normally “sollungha Maaran’ey.”

“Epdi ma irukka. Sprained ankle eppidi iruka. Tablets ellam podriya,” he started shooting questions at her. “Oho Maaran’ey, evalo questions.Naan nalla thaan irukkurean, kaal konjam vallikdha. Antha tablets’um podrean,” she said the last part a bit irritated at the fact she has a lot of medicines to drink. “Aahna,” she dragged.”Aahna?” Maaran asked. “Ennakku bore adikatha,” she said pouting. Maaran chuckled “Ma your health is important.” Shivya huffed “neenga athe sollunga. Aahna ennaka orey edhathala irukka ellala. Ellarum order, neenghalum thaan.” “Naan sonna kepiya?” Maaran questioned in his base voice. Shivya’s heart raced again. “Aama.” Maaran was happy and asked”Yen?” Shivya smiled. She wanted to say ‘yenna neengha yen crush’uh’ but instead said “Neengha yen friend’uh.” Maaran smiled widely. “Appo intha friend’uh  veliya kootita pogava,” Maaran asked her and Shivya’s smile widened  “nejama va.  Appo takkanu vaanga.Aama enga porom.” Maaran chuckled at her excitement. His heart warmed whenever she was happy.

~~~

Shivya was really happy. She got ready in a lime green long dress and matched it with hanging brown earrings. She left her hair open. She walked towards her door but soon took those steps back and looked at the mirror. She felt something missing. Then she opened her drawer and took out a bindi and kept it on her forehead. She looked at the mirror and she was satisfied. She came down and Pugazh started teasing her as he saw his sister wearing a top, which she usually doesn't. It is very rare to see Shivya in other dresses except hoodies and track pants.“Amma yen thangachi a kaanom,” he started his drama.

Both her parents came from the kitchen and stood there seeing the sight of her daughter dressed more like a girl.

Shivya is more tomboyish. She goes for dresses that are comfortable than designed ones. She is always simple. Chitra ma has to beg her to wear something nice whenever they go out as a family. “Anney,” she smacked his arm. Chitra ma stood in front of Shivya and cracked her knuckles and blessed her. “Enga papa pora,” Pugazh asked. “Anney avara vantha veliya kootitta porara,” she replied. “Yevaru,” he raised his eyebrows and teased her. “Athaan Maaran’ey.” As she said that the door bell rang. “Ongha avaru thaan pola,” Pugazh teased Shivya.

~~~

Maaran has never gone out with anyone after his family’s death. His trips or any 'going outs' are only business related.Even before that he never has taken any girl out. He has no idea what came upon him to take her out. He thought about it and immediately asked her, which is not a 'Maaran thing' at all. But  was very excited to go out with Shivya.

He has started liking her presence, and  is slowly realizing that. He stood in front of Shivya’s door and rang the bell. He was fixing his hair and that’s when the door opened. His breath hitched at the sight he saw. There she was standing, wearing a simple dress, but was looking ethereal. Maaran has never looked at any girl the way he is admiring her. He never had the idea to, even though he felt something towards Shivya when she looked after him when he’s knuckles bled, he shrugged those thoughts off, but those feelings rose again.

His heart is not allowing him to. Though he is not sure what he is feeling, he is enjoying the unlabeled feelings that rose when ever he saw Shivya.

It’s like when it comes to Shivya , he is being controlled by some sort of  magic that he can’t even act  rude with her.

~~~

Shivya kept calling him but he didn’t react. His intense gaze didn’t allow her to look further. She averted her gaze. Her cheeks turning pink as he was looking at her. She composed herself and pinched his arm which brought him to reality. “Ouch!” he exclaimed. “Aiyo sorry,” she said and caressed his arm that she pinched. “Vaa maapla, onnaka thaan  waiting,” Pugazh said. “Maapla’ya?” Shivya’s eyes widened. “En friend’uh papa.Naangha appidi than.” Shivya blinked her eyes and turned to Maaran. “Polam ah?” Maaran then turned to her parents and got his blessings and asked permission from them to take Shivya out. “Batharama kootita varean ma,” he said and both bid  bye to the family and got into the car.

Please ignore typos or errors
This is a fictional story

Feel free to comment on this chapter

Stay safe
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨