_I will love you no matter what_

Maraan entered the station furiously. He looked at the inspector and he led him the way. He stood in front of the ironed jail gate. Arya lifted his face as he saw a shadow, he smirked looking at the tall figure. “Enna sethutaala. Actually unnakha thaan na koori vatchean, aahna paavam ava una kaapathita.” Maraan fisted his hands and his jaw clenched as he heard him.

Earlier Maraan got a call from the constable who gave him every news of Arya. The constable told him that they were moving him to the court.  He knew it was him who planned the things that happened that night with the goons. He told Rishi to check on those goons and held them hostage. Rishi found them drinking in a bar and thrashed them after bringing them to a garage. They confessed that it was a person called Guru,who was Arya’s loyal men.

He gave them money to kill Maraan. Rishi found out who Guru was after tracking him and got to know he was one of Arya’s men. They still have him hostage.

Maraan kicked the door and held his collar. “Dei ava enna da panna unnaka,” Arya saw pain in his eyes. He smirked “ithu thaan da. Un kannula naan,antha bayam… pain of loosing someone. Ennakum ippadi thaan irunthu irukkum, yen appa,” he held Maraan’s collar.

“Yen da, yen kudambatha nee konna, ippa naan yenda da panna?” he screamed and pushed him, causing Arya to fall on his back. “ Naan un appa’va kola pannalla. Infact yen theriyummah avar’ku heart attack vanthuchi.  Avar un talent’a question panna pa, unna yesuna pa un kannulla iruukara hurt’ah paathu avar ka manasu odhichireetchi da. Apparam unna arrest pannapo onnume panna ellala na avarllu heart attack vantheerchi.” His head was boiling in anger. “ Neethan da un appa ve konna,” Maraan shouted.

Arya broke hearing this. “Dei,” he screamed while tears fell from his eyes. He couldn’t accept it. All his actions that he did was to make his father proud but it backfired and that caused a huge loss-his father, his only family.

Maraan could still feel her in his embrace, her tears and the pain she endured. Moreover now she can’t walk. The girl who always skips and jumps for every happiness won’t be able to do it. His anger increased. He fisted his hand and punched Arya on his face. He started beating him black and blue.

Arya froze on hearing him, that he just received the punches from him.

Maraan wordlessly took the gun from the constable and aimed at Arya.

~~~

It has been two days since Shivya saw Maraan.

As soon as she woke up she searched Maraan. Her whole family was there looking at her as he opned her eyes. She looked at the door, hoping to see him rush. She tried to get up,but felt her legs numb. She touched her legs and tried to move but felt an immense pain. “Ne romba vallikhudha,”she said and looked at them. They looked at her with worried filled eyes. “Sorry ma, your legs were affected as the bullet harmed your backbone. You won’t be able to walk,” the doctor said and carresed her hair and left.

Shivya’s eyes brimmed with tears.  Chithra hugged her daughter and carresed her hair muttering sweet nothings. “Anna avaru ka theriyummah?” she asked. He nodded his head. She slept due to the effects of the medicine.

~~~

“Enga da pona. Ava unnaya theditu irruka,”Pugazh questioned. He was bit disappointed in him not staying with her when she was awake. He couldn’t see his sister being in pain,and knowing that Maraan was her only solace at this time, he wanted Maraan to be with her.

“Bayam’ah irukku da. Avalla appadi paakha ennala mudiyala,” he told him. Pugazh carresed his back, he understood him. After everything happened,when he thought his life was all good and this came as a huge bomb.