Accident

Maraan and Shivya were going back to their office after a meeting with one of the business partners. It’s been three days since Arya’s call and nothing has happened.  Maaran’s   focus was fully on Shivya. He was in deep thoughts,but his trance was broken when he heard “Maaran’ey,” causing him to step on the brakes immediately. He looked at her panicked asking “enna ma?”

Shivya looked at him and pointed the beach. He glared at her for making such a huge noise just for this. But this is Shivya,he thought and chuckled. He was still thinking about going out but he couldn’t avoid those puppy eyes.  He sighed mummering, “still getting used to that.” He parked the car and Shivya left and ran to the beach. He locked the car and went near her.

They walked for a long time. She even tried to ask him what’s bothering. “Onnum illa ma.” She sighed in defeat and held his hands, “I am there. Talk it out if you feel frustrated,” she tightened the hold assuring it. 

Maaran was consumed by darkness. He had no one who could understand what he feels. People assumed him to be rude,arrogant and cold. They never take efforts to undertand his view but this girl understood him from the beginning. He wanted to tell everything.

“Not forcing you,” she said calming him.  He really needed time.

They were walking “ippa enna ma pannanum?” he asked. Shivya thought and her eyes widen with excitement with her idea. “Maaran’ey sand castle build pannuvoam,” she asked raising her eyebrows. Maaran just looked at her.

If few months back some one had said this,he would have glared at them thinking it to be all bullshit,but it’s not the same anymore. Atleast not with her.

She always reminded him ‘to live the moment’ and looking at her face that glowed with excitement and happiness he decided to follow that. He wanted to see that smile always on her face. He will make sure that smile will always be there.

~~~

“Wohoo,” Shivya cooed as they completed the sandcastle together. They both shared a hi-fi. “Irrupa photos edupoam,” she took out her phone and clicked pictures and selfies of them. “Sari va polam,” Maaran said and they walked back to the car talking. “Anna vantha iruntha odichiduvaan, ennoda sand castle'uh,” Shivya pouted thinking about her childhood memories as she told them to Maaran. “Onghalukka ethaavathu irukka appadi?” she asked him as they got into the car.

Maran reminisced the memories with his sister. “Hmm akka voda ippadi thaan. Naangha eppomea sanda thaan. Oru naal avala elupaata poyite naan cold water moonchiliyea oothitean," he paused and took a deep breaths and continues "Aahana ennaka akka na romba pudikkum,” he said as  his eyes started to tear up.

Shivya saw him when he talked about his memories. The amount of gulit, regret  and sadness his voice screamed when he talked.She didn’t know what to do. She held his hands and squeezed it looking at him.

Maaran smiled and started the car. To brighten up his mood she switched on the radio and snehidhane played. Both reminisced that day.

The day they understood they were in love with each other. Automatically their lips curved into a smile. “Annikhi ne nalla paadna ma,” Maaran said what he wanted to say for a long time ever since that day. He didn’t get the time due the unexpected call. “Ungalukku pudhichi irundhicha?” she asked. She sang this keeping him in mind and this song was really special to her. “Romba,infact my favourite,” he said smiling. That is a special song for him too.

~~~

They were talking random stuffs when it was interrupted with a huge bang from behind scaring these two as they car was pushed. Maaran saw a huge lorry  from the side mirror view. His anger rised when that lorry guy dashed again.  “Shivya wear your seatbelt.” She quickly wore the seatbelt and looked back. “I think someone is purposely doing it. The driver didn’t get down,” Shivya voiced out. It clicked Maaran who might do this-Arya.