Will You Come With Me?

Maaran and Rishi were discussing about quotas and new projects for the company. When it comes to work, both give in their full energy and focus on it. Their team work has led to the success of MK Group of Companies. Maaran never fails to mention Rishi’s name whenever the company gets an award.

Maaran’s laptop pinged  a notification. He opened it and showed it to Rishi to ask for his opinions. “Dei any ideas for charity or community service ideas,” Maaran asked. Every year MK Group of companies host charity events or community service programs in different countries.  Last year they hosted in India, where they planted and cleared roads and beaches. This has caught many attention among the population and the firm was also presented the best ‘Social Worker’ award.“Dei intha tharava different’ah pannanum,” Maaran said and they started to discuss ideas.

At that time they heard a knock on the door. Maaran felt it must be Shivya so immediately answered, “Come in Shivya.” Here Rishi looked at him, “Onnaka eppida theriyum.” Maaran just shrugged. “Ava illa da, paarean,” Rishi said. “Nee parean, avale than,” Maaran was sure. Just like Maaran said it was Shivya at the door. Rishi looked at Maaran who was giving a proud smile. “Anney,” Shivya said chirply. Before answering her Rishi muttered audible enough for Maaran “ Ithella okay, aanhna nee na solradha othuka maata.” Maaran rolled his eyes knowing where this is going to lead.

Rishi patted her head as she took a seat next to him. They were talking leaving out Maaran. He was admiring her but felt ignored after a while. To gain her attention he cleared his throat ,but the thangam-duo didn’t care about it and kept talking. Maaran couldn’t take it anymore stamped on Rishi’s foot making him wince in pain. “Ahhhh.” Shivya held his shoulder and with concern asked “ Enna aachu anney.” Rishi knew Maaran wanted attention. He actually heard him but he decided to see what he does. “Onnum illa ma, periya kosu kadihirutchi,” he said looking at Maaran. Maaran smirked at him.

Maaran turned to Shivya with a smile. Shivya hit her forehead and said “ Naan inga yen vanthean na maranthutean. Maaran’ey ungalukka innikhi oru meeting’um illa. So since you said you wanted to check few files and you can do that.” Maaran nodded.

Maaran thought for a while and asked her “Shivya any ideas regarding this,” he showed the laptop for her to read the email. Maaran has liked her sincerity towards her work. She has assisted him with few presentations and even suggested ideas. He has liked them and hence decided to ask her.

~~~

Shivya carefully read each and every word. Shivya has read articles about MK Group of Companies social services. She was quite impressed. She wanted to know more about it. “Sir, explain,” she said while Maraan’s eyebrows furrowed. “Sir?” he questioned. “Aiyo when we talking business lets be professional,” she said raising her eyebrows.

Maaran likes her personality and the respects her. This increased his respect towards her. He started explaining the event. He took out the files and showed her the previous events hosted by their company. “Which country this year?” she asked to see if her idea is suitable. “This year again we have to do it in India. Pandemic so we can’t travel. But we decided it should be in  Coimbatoire,” Shivya’s face brightened as she thought her idea would be fit as soon a Maraan finished. Shivya looked at him who was looking at her expectingly.

“Mental Awareness Campaign.”

Maaran and Rishi looked at her expecting her to explain further. “By going through all the files all your events are either keeping the environment safe or helping people in need. These are very good ideas. Since you wanted a different project I am sure this awareness campaign is a good idea.”

Maaran and Rishi listened to her very  carefully and liked how she was confident about what she was saying. Yet Maaran being the boss he had to clarify every detail hence asked “ how are you so sure?” Shivya looked at him and said “Our main is to help the community. This pandemic has disturbed people a lot, especially mentally. We can organize a walk.We can bring in specialists and try out few activities. Maybe, also have few tables with specilaists and help people who want help , if they are willing. To talk or maybe clear doubts,” Shivya completed and looked at both of them.
Shivya always believes that mental health should be prioritized. It should be. She always wanted to  create awareness and even has volunteered in programs. Now when MK Grouops of Companies is giving her chance then why not?