Possessive Vaayadi

Shivya was scrolling through her phone checking for any shops nearby. The event they organized was successful so the Coimbatore branch of MK Groups of Companies oraganized a success party for it’s employees and invited few important business partners.

Shivya didn’t have a dress to wear as they decided that the theme would be traditionals. Shivya has no knowledge of sarees and has no idea where she is going to buy.

~~~

Maaran noticed her disagreeing face as she kept looking at her phone. He bid bye to the Manager of the Coimbatore branch and sat next to Shivya. “Ennacha ma?”Shivya lifted her head from her phone and went to a tranace as Maaran’s face was near her.

There faces were inches apart.

Maaran looked at those two eyes that never fail to make his heart flutter. The long lashes and the kohl defining her eyes, he found them the most magical thing. He could look at those all day.

~~~

Shivya stared into the dark orbs unable to shift her gaze. Those told her many things than Maraan himself.

They couldn’t or more likely didn’t want to shift their gaze to anywhere else.

The ringing of her phone disturbed them and broke them from their trance.

“Ah okay amma,” she kept her phone as she was done talking. “Ye ma?” Shivya looked at him and said “ Illa Ammavum appavum katcheri’ku poraangalla. Pugazh anna’ka work iruka so airport’ka pickup panna yaarukkum varayellathaan. So onghalleiye drop panna sonnagha. Muddiyumma?” she asked. Maaran’s eyebrow furrowed as he asked “ Ennama ne.Na drop panama vera yaru drop pannuva.” Shivya smiled at him. “Sari tell me your other problem. “Atha yen pa kekara,” she sighed. “ Innikhi party’ku saree illa. Dress kade ya thedurean.” Maaran chuckled at her as she made a disappointed face.

He stood up and dragged her to the entrance of the hotel. “Maaran’ey enga porom.” “Ada va ma.”
Shivya kept silently looking at him expecting him to answer. Maaran looked at her, “Ennama en algazha mayingeteeya,” Shivya gasped at his question.

This man.

However Shivya liked the changes in him. Maaran smiled sheepishly as she glared at him. “ Nethaanae saree venum na sonna.” Shivya said, “aama, aana shop.”

“Ma i frequently  visit here so I know few places.” Shivya went “oohhh.”

“Ah okay. I will be back,” Maaran kept his phone. “Ma impotant aahna person’ah meet pannanum regarding our project. He is free and in Coimbatore. Nee finish pannita call panna na varean.” Shivya nodded,got down and went inside the shop.

~~~

It’s been half an hour since the party started but there was no sign of Shivya. Though Shivya informed Maaran that she’ll be late and told him to go early, he was being restless.  He kept looking at his phone for any texts. He turned his head as he heard the lift opening sound.

There she came, draped in a violet saree that had gold borders. The pallu was left freely and as she  walked further  she moved her hair behind her ears revealing the jhumka on her ear.

She was beautiful. She was ethereal.

She spotted Maaran. He was wearing the traditional veshti and a long sleeve red shirt. His hair was set perfectly. There again she met those dark orbs. She took a deep breath and walked.

~~~

As she walked towards,he saw her properly. The small bindi on her forehead and those eyes. Those eyes never fail to impress him.