Wife'ah?

“Sapadu pa,” Chithra ma fed Maraan who was sitting in the dining table smiling. “Dei over’ah sirikatha da,” Pugazh huffed. “Dei nee summa iru. En payan’ah vambu illukhada,”Chithra supported Maraan and he grinned widely. “Ne engala maranthu ta ma. Engalakku sapada vaikhala,” Shivya pouted.

Rishi, Pugazh and Shivya were sitting on the dining table with a grumpy face. Maraan had woke early and came down. Chithra ma saw him and inquired about his comfortness. She gently held his hand, pulled him and made him sit. She filled the plate with dosa and fed him. Maraan felt emotional and opened his mouth.

The pasamalar trio came down and sat for breakfast expecting Chithra ma to serve. But this duo didn’t mind them and were busy talking. “Ma,” Pugazh called her. Chithra ma and Maraan turned their attention to him. He lifted his plate and showed it to her. “Dei ne enna china kolandhaiya. Pottukhongha da,” Chithra ma said and resumed feeding the valandha kholandha.

“Maaran’ey nethu ennamo naa uttapo ‘nan’ey saptukhreannu’ sonningha,” she imitated him last night. Maraan smiled sheepishly. “Thangachi neeyum’ah?” the brothers questioned. Shivya gave her usual thiruttu muli while blushing remembering last night.

Maraan served food in Shivya’s plate and fed her a piece. She smiled and started eating by herself. “Nangha ingha thaan irukkuroam,” Rishi and Pugazh voiced out when they were ignored. “ Neenghale pottukongha da. Kai irukku la,” Maraan replied. “Shivya’kku kai illa paaru,” Rishi said and  the brothers served for themselves.

~~~

Chithra ma looked at Shivya and Maraan and felt happy. She knew that they both had a strong bond and always rooted for them. She loved Maraan the first day she met him.

It’s a motherly instinct that when a mother has a good impression on a man she would immediately consider him for her daughter.

Chithra ma found Maraan perfect for Shivya.

Krish came down and joined them for breakfast. “Amma ne ennakha rasagulla senji thaara’nu sonna,” Shivya pouted and crossed her hands over chest expressing she is angry. Chithra ma shaked her head in disbelief and turned to Maraan “ Ne ivalo seekiram kalyanam panni kootita po pa, ingha namballa sariyana tholla panra,” she completed making the couple choke. Rishi and Pugazh patted on those two head to calm them down.

Maraan and Shivya looked at each other. They just confessed yesterday and were wondering how their mother got to know. They gulped. Maraan looked tensed. He didn’t want to hide anything and was eventually going to tell them but this sudden revelation tensed him. The parents understood him.

“We know you love eachother. We found it out ong time ago, I think you guys didn’t realize it then. We are very happy. You are perfect for eachother.” Maraan and Shivya looked at eachother and smiled.

Maraan looked at Pugazh. He was narrowing his eyes at his bestfriend. Maraan didn’t want to hide anything from him, he just needed time. Maraan knew how much Shivya meant to Pugazh.

More than a sister, she was like a daughter to him.

Maraan stood,went near him,knelt and held his hand “Pugazh ennakha theriyum Shivya vanthu unnakha thanagtchi’ya vida un ponnu maathiri nu. Naan avala romba love panrean. Avalo naan santhoshama vaachikuvean. Ava yen uyire.”

Pugazh knew Maraan loves Shivya. He is the most happiest. He was trying to play with him. The sincere confession hit him hard. He knows Maraan very well and was very pleased that he is trying to convince her brother despite being a friend.

Pugazh hugged him. “Dei ennakhu theriyum. Shivya ennakha yekkanname sollita. I was trying to play with you. En papa va pathuko.” Maraan felt relived when his friend was happy with this. He didn’t want to loose the friendship.